Write for AngryAnimeBitches! [OPEN]

STATUS: OPEN
Application Deadlines
– Anime: March 1st, 2020
(Spring 2020 Season)

NEW!! Manga/Novels/Videogames: TBA

Why Join AngryAnimeBitches?

Well for starters you don’t have to worry about the technical responsibilities, and can devote 100% of your focus on writing. It will also give you the opportunity to be a part of our established community and get the chance meet new people who share the common interests. And as part of our 10th Anniversary, we are also excited to announce we have opened up some new subjects writers can choose to focus on!

What are we looking for?

Passionate fans who have a lot to say!

NEW!! Pick Your MAIN! What would you want to be known for covering?

ANIME MAIN

• We are more interested in reading about your thoughts on the episode rather than recaps.
  • You will be required to cover a minimum of 2 Shows each season (*carry-over titles are included)
  • You must be able to provide HD/HQ Screencaps

MANGA MAIN

• We are more interested in reading about your thoughts than recaps.
  • You must be able to provide HD/HQ Images

LIGHT NOVELS MAIN

• We are more interested in reading about your thoughts than recaps.
  • You must be able to provide HD/HQ Images

VIDEOGAMES MAIN

• We are more interested in reading about your thoughts than recaps.
  • You must be able to provide HD/HQ Images

Is there anything I should know before I apply?

• This is a non-profit Blog, you will not be paid. We do this for fun!
  • Although it’s a Hobby Blog, we still respect the commitment of being punctual with the Blog’s Rules of Deadlines
  • Please take consideration of how you can balance your activity on the blog with your real life schedule. If you are constantly traveling for work, or if school takes up a lot of time, then AAB may not be the right fit for you.
  • If desired: Writers who Main in Manga/Novels/Videogames are permitted to pick up Anime Titles which have not been picked up as side projects, and vice versa.
  • Understanding how WordPress works in advance would be a plus.

Application Instructions

–     EMAIL SUBJECT LINE: [PEN-NAME]: Applying for AngryAnimeBitches (*Pen-Name = Writer Name)

–     INTRODUCTION & APPLICATION must be written in Google Docs

–     YOUR MAIN: (PICK ONE: Anime, Manga, Light Novels, Videogames)

–     REASON: State the reason why you would like to join our team

–    EXPERIENCE: How long have you been a fan of anime/manga/novels/videogames? What are your favourites? Have you blogged before? (If so, please share with us your previous experiences/works!)

ANIME SAMPLE

• Write up an entry based on an anime episode of your choice.
  • Must be an on-going title airing during the season you apply. (***TV-Shorts entries are not qualified***)
  • Minimum 500 Words

–  MANGA/NOVEL SAMPLE

• Write up an entry based on an Manga/Novel of your choice.
    • If you plan to cover a manga series chapter by chapter, please provide us an extra sample of a specific Manga Chapter
    • Note: For Chapter by Chapter Coverage, please use an ON-GOING series.
  • Minimum 500 Words

VIDEOGAMES SAMPLE

• Write up an entry on a Videogame (JP) of your choice
  • Min. 500 Words

How will I know if I made it into the team?

We will get back to you with the results we meet the deadline for the applications.
*If there is no deadline, I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

Remember if you don’t make it the first time, you can always try again when we are recruiting. First come first serve will only happen if we are satisfied with your application. If not, it won’t change anything if you were the first person to email us.

*If you apply while we are CLOSED, your application will be put on hold (you will be notified this) and you will receive a notice as soon as we are recruiting again.

SUBMIT TO:
angryanimeb.applications@gmail.com
***This email is exclusively for Applications!***

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!

1. Ravaiel says:

I’m sorry if it’s a double post of some kind, but I don’t see my other comment anywhere here, so I’m guessing it did’t post.

I’ve decided to submit my application but my mail service seems to have a problem with delivering messages to info@angryanimebitches.com. Is there an alternative e-mail I can send my application to?

2. lilgamergal says:

Am I still able to submit? Or no D: I can write more since EXAMS OVER WOOHOO! Well almost… But I have secen exams left so I can put time here

You can still submit :) You will be put on-hold until we open again.
      ^ v ^ / I hope the exams went well!

3. Tenshi says:

Oh my goodness, it’s actually open:D Yay! I’d love to submit an application but first I need to make sure that I’m up for it! Quick question: is there certain date where you’re closing recruitment? Thanks!

Oh one more concern- I heard something (well read) that Eva had a health condition? Is this something new or an old ongoing thing, because I’m not sure I remember hearing about it…Oh, of course if it’s too personal, there’s no need to answer. I just want to make sure you’re ok.:( Either way, I hope that you get better!:)

We close recruitment 5 – 7 weeks before a new season begins, so it would be between August and September for the FALL.

Back in 2012 I was diagnosed with Tendonitis in both of my wrists (it actually started late 2011 but I didn’t realize the severity at the time), and I was forced to go on a 9 months hiatus due my hands and wrists being essentially crippled (MOST UNPRODUCTIVE 9 MONTHS OF MY LIFE). Tendonitis is a condition where you have if you abuse the injury too much, it will become permanent damage. That’s why it is very important to manage it properly, understand the limitations and know when to take a break in order to rest properly. Ever since I have to wear splints at the computer to reduce the swelling or when I am lifting heavy objects because I no longer have the strength to do so (it is even exhausting to do simple things like patting a dog’s tummy). That is why it is crucial to rest properly without straining it further.

Symptoms to watch out for are tender tendons, your arm will feel hard and heavy like a rock with an icky bubbly sensation and may hurt or pinch by the slightest touch. You will experience pinches similar to pins and needles often caused by it going numb and you will often feel exhausted, drained because of the pain.

If your wrists and/or fingers start bothering you with pinches or numbness, that’s when you should grab a pair of wrist splints and see if it helps. If it continues to persist and gets worse, make a doctor appointment to get a check up. Had I caught onto this earlier it may not have gotten this bad. That’s why I am always open to sharing my experience so that others can learn more to know what the red flags are if god forbid it happening to them too.

• Tenshi says:

Ok, thank you!

Oh no that’s horrible. :( I’m sure that must suck. Thank you for the information though.However, it’s very impressive that you can still blog with this condition. I can see why you need to take a break, definitely don’t strain yourself I hope that your tendonitis gets better. ~_~ I’ll be praying for you to get better.

4. Spiae says:

Can I still submit?

5. Tenshi says:

Sorry, just for clarification, do you title the email the subject or the document (or both). And does everything go into the attached document, so that nothing required actually goes into the email message itself? Thanks:)

Yes title both please. Be sure to include your name in the doc title so I can keep track of who is who. The email doesn’t need to have any content, you can just say hi and that’s it (some leave it entirely blank) since the application is what we need. :)

6. obi says:

Just wondering if you have been getting a lot of applications ?

7. lgg says:

If we sent an app, and we got no reply-does it mean that we werent accepted? (/w\)

No, I always send a reply to let you know we have received it and inform you of our present status. Then once we have reviewed the application/open up again, I send you a second email/reply with the results or a follow up (if you were put on-hold) to make sure you are still interested.

By any chance, have you sent us one and have not received a reply? If you did, please let me know if the email you have put in for the comment is the same you have applied with so I can do a thorough search.

• lgg says:

Okay, I did send an app (im hoping it went through o.o) and its the email I put down now. Are you able to let me know if its there? x.x

8. lgg says:

Okay that was the wrong email sorry Dx its the one I put now (lil) I just checked it

Sorry for the delayed the response, I missed this comment.
      Let me know if/when you send one again, and I will be able to confirm here whether or not we have received it. Just make sure you are using the same email as you are using here to add a comment so I can match it.

9. combatworthywombat says:

I sent a application request for a part time blogger a couple of days ago
    just wondering what the response time usualy is
    thanks – and awesome blog!
    wombat – signing out

10. aramire77 says:

Does it has to be an anime? How about manga?

Since Anime is our main subject, it is required for writers to cover anime.
      Manga, Videogames and others are the only subjects that are optional to contribute to.

11. Nirbhay says:

About the draft, does it have to be a review or a summary? Do you prefer I write about an anime I liked or would a mostly negative review also work?

All we want you to do to is write an entry as you would if you were posting it to your own blog. :)

12. Fizzy says:

are these writers paid at all? i’m assuming not, but i thought i’d check.

13. Blank says:

When will you guys be starting up your applications again

It is difficult to say since the situation/need for writers can change at any given moment.

For the time being we are full, but you are welcomed to send us your application.
      If you do, we will put you on the “On-Hold” List, so when we do open up again, we will contact you immediately to verify if you are still interested. :)

14. Vamoss says:

Um…. I know the requirement says Word but my computer is messed up at the moment. I do have a Kindle (which I am using right now). If I use my Kindle will it work?

Hi, sorry for the late reply! I don’t have a kindle, so I don’t know how it would work, but Google Docs are now also acceptable (which as been added to the post, I had forgotten to put it in when I updated this post).

15. subconscious313 says:

Absoulutley new to blogging but I’m not new at sharing my thoughts so I’m kind of nervous but extremely excited to see if I would be a good fit for AAB. I’ve recently decided to make my own blog for fun (haven’t finished setting it up yet) but this blog is a great representation of what I would like to accomplish. I just want somewhere to share my thoughts with people who would like to hear them. I’m not writing this to persuade you guys or anything lol, just trying to get into the swing of emptying my mind to someone other than my couple of friends. I will be legitimately applying before the deadline so I hope to meet the requirements so that I can gain this wonderful experience!! Thank you gals/guys, I hope you have a great day/week/month! See ya soon!!