Write for AngryAnimeBitches! [OPEN]

Recruiting Writers!!!

11/11/2016
STATUS: OPEN
Recruiting LONG TERM Writers for Summer 2017 Season
Final Day to Apply:
May 20th, 2017

Why Join Angry Anime Bitches?

AngryAnimeBitches Anime Blog is young but active blog where we enjoy working together as a team. The benefits of joining are pretty simple, first and foremost you don’t have to worry about constantly modifying the blog or anything of the sort and can devote 100% of your focus to solely writing. But it’s much bigger than that for us, the fact of working as a team isn’t just to cover as many shows as possible, but to also meet new people who share the same common interest and become good friends with them.

What are we looking for?

Commitment, Dedication, Motivation and Passion for Anime

People who do not have any of the above are not fit to write with us on the blog. I do not have the patience with people who sign up as “regular blogger” to fall behind more than two weeks. You are expected to stick to schedule. If you’re sick, if you’re going on vacation or if you have an exam you must inform us ASAP (preferably 48 hours in advance for Exams and Vacation)

In short, as soon as you make a commitment, I expect you to follow through till the season ends.

Applying as a Writer:

I am looking for people who have decent writing skills. I am not expecting formal essay format, vocabulary and all that stuff. It’s all about pouring your emotions and stating your impression (*aka how you felt) about the episode. Write us a sample draft of how would you write up an entry. This way, we can see what your writing style is.

This must be written in Word Document and titled as SUBJECT (below) and your Nickname. This will be attached to the email.
If not, it will immediately be tossed into the trash bin.

–     SUBJECT: YOUR NICKNAME/PEN-NAME: Applying as a Writer for AngryAnimeBitches

–     REASON: State the reason why you would like to join our team

–    EXPERIENCE: How long have you been watching anime? Have you blogged before? What got you interested into this, etc…

–       SAMPLE: A sample draft of how you would write an entry. It may be anime episode of your choice, but it must be a title from the current anime season (Make sure it’s only about a specific episode, not the entire series).

How will I know if I made it into the team?

Depending on how many applications we get, we will try to email you back whether you made it or not within a week’s notice. If there aren’t enough to consider it may be slightly longer, and we will notify you on the day we decide to make the announcement.

Remember if you don’t make it the first time, you can always try again when we are recruiting. First come first serve will only happen if we are satisfied with your application. If not, it won’t change anything if you were the first person to email us.

*If you apply while we are FULL, your application will be put on hold (you will be notified this) and you will receive a notice as soon as we are recruiting again. Note that we may not contact you about whether you made it or not for at least two weeks after we announced we are looking for writers.

SUBMIT TO: info@angryanimebitches.com

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, FEEL FREE TO ASK HERE!

1. Yaoi-sama :) says:

D: OH NOES, IT’S FULL?!

^_^/ Even though it’s full at the moment, if you wish to apply you can still send in the application so that perhaps you may gain the spot when there is one open.

2. guyver83 says:

I saw you none of your bloggers want to really do the new Gundam show, possible I can guest blog to cover the gundam age anime for you all?

Thank you for your interest, but we don’t accept Guest Bloggers and Oki and I actually really are looking forward to covering Gundam AGE as mentioned in the Preview post.

• guyver83 says:

Thanks Eva for the response, I’ll look forward in reading your blogs. When your staff opens up, I’d love to try for one of those open spots.

We might open for the Winter depending on Zero’s and Myst’s school workload. I had originally considered opening it again for the Winter 2011 until Myst announced that she has a bit of time to cover a few things this season, but we won’t know till later whether they think they’ll be able to balance the workload since their schedule will change again. But feel free to submit an application anytime so that whenever we are looking for writers and you’ll be one of the candidates to consider. :)

3. K-Al says:

Woah, cool- I might be interested. o.o

4. Bebe says:

I would love to blog, if I am allowed. :) Are there still spots open?

5. Vongola Primo says:

when does the application period for winter 2013 end?

6. Olivia says:

What exactly does the schedule look like for a writing position here? Im interested in applying, just have to make sure I can continue to do it when I am back at school.

It depends on how many shows you’re interested in blogging, but it’s likely that at least some of the shows will fall on weekdays, most commonly Thursday/Friday. I’m at school as well, and I’ve worked out a system where I leave some time for blogging on nights when I have shows to cover, after finishing (or failing xD) the work I’ve gotta do. It’s worked pretty well, and I cover a lot of shows, though it’ll take some time to get used to when first starting out. So it’s possible, but goes in hand with commitment.

Like Vantage had mentioned, it’s crucial to organize your time properly. If your studies is going to be very time consuming and you won’t be able to blog for most of the week, it’s probably better to wait until you know you have more time on your hands. Most importantly you have to understand being part of the team means making a big commitment, and we expect you to follow through from start to finish.

7. lilgamergal says:

i would if i could (to be honest id love to since i love watching anime and reading and writing lol) but ive got school :/ im a year 9 so im starting GCSE’s o.o;; oh and dont get me started on maths… (but on english :3) now im kind of yapping on
    -_-;; i could join once im in college lol but that would be in 3 – 4 years… O_O;; i didnt even notice

-edit- but on saturdays and sundays i can do it since i mainly do all nighters :3 (i tend to do quite a few all nighters or most nighters fom 9pm to 3-4 am) but it will probably be at nights. also is it possible to blog through an android phone? because i have a android phone and -facepalm- my brother uses the computer a lot since he is finishing his exams e.c.t i could use my phone. i dunno since im pretty new xD

Blogging from a smartphone no, it wouldn’t work out. You need to use a computer.
      For starters since you’re pretty new, it doesn’t hurt to practice or start blogging on your own personal blog, (livejournal, blogger, wordpress, tumblr- whichever you like- especially since you can post whenever you want to or have time to). It will help you get into a routine and shape up your writing style and you will know whether you want to invest your free time into this. Whenever you do have more time on your hands, feel free to send in your application. :3

• lilgamergal says:

*one year later*
        Im back again >:’D

Good news is I may be able to apply soon ;D Since im reaching the peak of exams, in a way. Though I still have to wait a year..I think.
        Also I now have a tumblr which is decent so I have experience mwhaha~
        Expect one soon ;’3

8. lilgamergal says:

mmkay ^_^ i already use tumblr so i had some experience on posting :3 i’ll wait till i done all the major GCSE (in year 11 thing cool down abit, especially in study leave where you can chill despite the name, my bro is playing mass effect during that time -_-;;) -jumps out of seat- alright i know what to do =^_^= im in yr 10 soon so not long, but the exams O^O;;

9. raneem says:

is this free?! can I join?

If you are referring to “free” as requesting to join and being accepted right away- not it’s not. Read over the guidelines, and then send us your application. However as of right now, we are full so we are not accepting anymore remembers (you can still send your application though, it will be put on-hold until we open up again). When we start recruiting writers again, we will contact you and then during a set time frame we will get back to you about whether you have been accepted or not.

10. Erie says:

Wanting to join but I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to keep up with the schedule since its almost the school year again. orz ;;

But I want to join. >_<

11. Keira says:

I just sent in my application ;)

Even if I’m not accepted, it was a lot of fun to write :D

12. neetchama says:

Hi! I’m thinking about applying, but I’m not sure what you mean by writing for the fall season? Does this mean I only start writing for shows airing in the fall? Since summer is right around the corner…

Yes that means you will have to wait until the Fall to start writing. The reason for this is so that things aren’t left to the last minute (hence why I have closing dates for the applications) to organize things and we are already full for the summer which means the odds are slim of getting the chance to cover a show you want because they are already claimed (but considering how dry the summer season looks there are more shows available than there usually are so you might find one that isn’t claimed and would be allowed to start this season). In the fall we are guaranteed open two slots because both Kaitou and Linzz will be going on a hiatus due to school/work.

However say if your application was accepted- while you do wait for the fall you can go ahead and contribute to other things such as Manga reviews/recommendations, Video Games reviews, both Anime and J-Drama Films Reviews, as well as Random Reviews. But sometimes, if we do have people on the waiting list to start, if there isn’t a show being covered in the Summer Season for example and you’re interested in it, you’re more than welcomed to cover it.

If you’re still interested do apply and I look forward to your application. :3

13. ayingott says:

So I’m interested in applying, and I’m just wondering what sort of turn around you expect? As in, how soon after an episode airs do you generally like a post done? I ask because I’m in Australia, so a lot of subs come out here at weird times (like 3am my time, so I don’t get to watch until after work).

• Oki says:

Usually next day is fine, as soon as you can is usually what tends to be preferred. We try not to have them posted say a week late.

You don’t have to worry about timezones and subs timing clashing and all. If it’s like that it’s not that big of a deal because what can you do? That’s just how it is. In fact, Linzz shares the time zone, so it is do-able. :3

14. I’m interested in applying, but when I tried to shoot over an email – it was immediately rejected with a message from Google saying the server rejected it. Not sure what that means, is there another way to apply?

First of all, I am so sorry for not seeing this message until now! The email without me knowing had been deleted, so I lost everything. We have a new email address up and working again.

15. Hi! I’m interested in applying for a future anime season. (I know you aren’t currently hiring anyone, but I don’t mind if my application is put on hold.) My question is, do you have an idea of when you might be hiring? Just wondering, since there are some upcoming animes I’m really looking forward to! (Psycho Pass season 2, Aoharaido, Akame ga Kill!) :D

I can’t be quite sure right now. I have just recently closed the FALL applications because I know we have a full team for then unless unexpected circumstances were to come up and someone has to drop out or go on a long-term hiatus for whatever reason. If that were to happen, only then I would contact those on the wait-list who I was satisfied with their application. Like I said, first come first serve only applies if I am satisfied with the application.

Thank you for your interest!

16. Madichu says:

I know it’s full but I decided to make an application and send it to you anyways ^w^ … Ah also, there is one typing error in the email (sorry >.<) but none in the actual word document.

17. Quick question, for my application, should the attached Word Document have only the sample review? Or should it also contain the subject, nickname, reason, and experience?

18. I wish I had discovered this site earlier so I could write for you guys before it closed

19. Magicalness says:

I just sent my application! Yay!

20. Ravaiel says:

Is the recruitment still closed? I’ve noticed there is no info about 2015.

It is presently still closed.

• Ravaiel says:

Thanks for the clarification. Can I still send you my application for future consideration?

Yes you can, and it will be on-hold until we open again (but I don’t know when that would be).
          I always send a notice when we are open again to make sure you are still interested/available :3
          If you still choose to submit it, I will be looking forward to your application. ^ v ^ /

• Ravaiel says:

Alright then. Application sent. Looking forward to a positive answer in the future. ^_^
            I didn’t know if you had any guidelines on how to write a sample piece (at least I didn’t notice anything here), so I went with a gut feeling when I was working on it. Hope that’s okay. :)