Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS Episode 13 & 14

Eva

1. The animation really shocked me this time. It was so fluid and the animation for logging into VRAINS was also shortened in addition to Link summoning. I guess it’s a fresh start now that the old director of VRAINS has stepped down and a new director has come in. I actually kinda found the scenes with Ai and Roboppy funny. When they’re about to be caught by Yusaku, I saw that Roboppy just threw Ai back into the case. Again, the animation was great.

For someone in real life, I really don’t like people like Ema. But for VRAINS, she’s actually great for the plot. Although I was disgusted how she disregarded Akira just because he was demoted and stated she wasn’t interested in men who don’t have power or money, something that she wants both of. She also mentions when she’s about to possibly OTK Playmaker that her dreams were about to get bigger. I’m thinking to myself, “Don’t get ahead of yourself. That usually leads to a bad downfall and humiliation.” On the other hand, I do have to agree with what you said about Ema being an exceptional character. She’s pretty good with those Altergeists and that combo was amazing. That archetype is not really my thing personally. I use the Trickstars which are more of my dueling style.

• elior1 says:

i am a bit worried since this new director in all of his previouse shows he was animator and have very little expirience in directing

The animation was definitely wonky this week, but I wouldn’t fret about it too much. All animes have their dips in terms of quality at some point or another. The only time we really need to be worried if it doesn’t improve and gets worse from here.

2. elior1 says:

importand thing to note eva there is new director to vrains instead of the one who has been so far to yugioh. that why episode 14 felt a bit diffrent. but there is also somthing to worry here becouse most of the shows he worked as animator and never as director and he never been in yugioh staff

Thank you for informing me. I added that to the article.

I would say we should have some faith the new director, it’s way too early to judge him yet. Besides everyone has to start somewhere and having someone who hasn’t worked in previous YGO series can bring about new opportunities! :D

• elior1 says:

i think the animation was not bad. a bit wonky at times but good at soem scences. but i think if we consider who is the animator for next episode i would not worry since he do good job

3. Although they solved some inconsistencies, my main gripe was Yusaku being involved in EVERY duel so far. Yes, VRAINS had the benefit on working with a small cast right now, but why every duel has to involve Yusaku? It’s no different to early ZEXAL times where Yuma was always in the duels. At least the Altergeists are great. Speaking of which… WHERE THE HELL IS GO ONIZUKA THIS ENTIRE TIME??

BTW, haven’t seen you blog Fate/Apocrypha episode 7 yet…

Yeah where is Onizuka????? Well not that I particularly care for his character anyways… hardly made a lasting impression on me.

Fate/Apocrypha has been dropped. I came to the conclusion it’s a show I’d prefer to watch than to blog, so I felt the best decision was to let it go.

4. becs says:

I’m starting to think that the recap episode was to give a gap for the change in directors. It honestly wasn’t the worst shameless recap I’ve seen. I mean the beginning and ending were funny as hell especially with Ai and Roboppy’s relationshion… whatever it is! My sides seriously keep splitting at that!

I absolutely agree with you about Ghost girl! In this show, she is honestly one of my favourites despite her shallowness. Her design is also pretty great!

the new link summoning animation is also so much better! The focus is where it should point rather than be a permanent mid-range shot. I think the original was good in terms of creating a surprise, but where it was constantly overused so the effect kind of went away. If they had saved it for truly magnificant link summonings then it could’ve been great.

I am so going to cosplay Ghost girl! She is kind of my best girl in this show. I mean Aoi is nice but she hasn’t done a lot yet. I await the day Aoi is utilised as a good fleshed out character.

Me too, it appears it may have been last minute, but like you said it wasn’t absolutely horrible – it had its moments.
      …Just nothing to talk about LMAO.

I agree, Ghost Girl is my best girl too atm and awesome! Rock that cosplay!:D

5. Kazanova says:

I wonder if it’s too weird for me to think that Playmaker and Ghost Girl will be a good pair (Putting aside their age difference). Ghost Girl really won over me in this episode. A top-notch hacker, cyber treasure hunter, and Duelist! One of my favorite parts is when she used card effect from hand instead of the Set trap like Playmaker and Ai thought her would do! The next chapter will be a fierce battle of wit! I hope to see more of Ema’s backstory.

By the way Eva, I think you should change writing Ignis’ nickname from “AI” to “Ai”. Because I think it’ll make it easier to differentiate it from the AI (Artificial Intelligent).

LMAO, I assure you you aren’t the only one who thought the same. Ghost Girl really has good chemistry with all the characters!!!

And good point, I will make the adjustment immediately.