Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS Episode 12

Eva

1. Man, I was laughing at how Yusaku and Kusanagi didn’t really react to Ignis showing off his regained body. Yeah, maybe they should’ve said that they were happy for him. Then again, that was for comedy that was probably needed after so many episodes of serious and intense dueling. I’m happy that Aoi was OK when she woke up and glad to see that Akira was crying tears of joy. Let’s hope now that Aoi’s back in business again that she will be in episodes coming up in the nearby future along with Go. It was also really adorable to see Yusaku asleep. He must have been so tired from fighting Revolver. Can’t blame him though because being in a life-or-death situation can wear you out afterwards. I have to agree that now’s the question of who are the real villains. SOL Technology is beginning to sound really sinister if they’re firing Akira and they don’t want him to know too much. Only time will tell. I can’t wait to see how Yusaku reacts when he meets Ema in the real world next episode.

2. starqo says:

Wow, I was not expecting Yusaku to just one-shot Revolver. I think that might be a first for the franchise: the hero one-turn-killing the rival in their second match.

Anyways, glad that Revolver kept his promise, and both him and Dr. Kogami really did feel taken aback when Yusaku reveals that he was involved in the incident years ago. Makes me wonder if Revolver was the one who told Yusaku the “3 things” (that’d be cruel; Yusaku wants to save his friend, only for them to be enemies). And as I predicted, SOL Tech might be the real main villains here. At least Akira won’t be as involved in their schemes, if at all.

P.S. How nice of Ema to get Akira a ride to see Aoi. It also looks like she’ll be paying Kusanagi’s stand a visit.

P.P.S. Aha! I knew Revolver was calling Dr. Kogami “father!”

3. Virginia says:

Wonder if SOL Technologies will rehire Akira and hold him and Aoi as hostage later on- once Yusaku and Kusanagi gets valid evidence of their dirty secrets.

After all Akira and Aoi already served as some form of hostage to Hanoi in order to get Yusaku to act.

I’d rather not have too much damsel in distress though

4. Wilfredo Sifr Starduster says:

Finally the multi-parter duel stretching four episodes is done, seriously we haven’t had a protagonist vs rival duel THIS long like forever besides the Atem vs Kaiba in the good-old DM Battle City. But honestly, the outcome really rubbed me the wrong way. What was the point of portraying Revolver as this big threat who almost succeeded in destroying Cyberse if he’s just going to be winless (1 draw, 1 defeat) against Playmaker for his first two attempts? The redeeming qualities of past villains such as Vector & Yuri stems from that fact that they were extremely cunning & manipulative duelists who could take down multiple people at a time and play mind games with their opponents. Even in Kaiba’s case, he spent the entire DM series being a dominating and intimidating presence despite always losing to the protagonist. But here, we have the main protagonist tied & then beaten the antagonists’ leader in their first two encounters SO EARLY ON. Not to say that SOL Tech is less shady, but I’m still gutted at how they already tighten Yusaku’s plot armor to Yusei’s levels & his plot device capabilities to YUMA’S levels.

Those aside, glad to see Aoi FINALLY back again… And can we have some deviant stuff from Ema/Ghost Girl next episode? ;)

I’m hoping when Revolver strikes back, he will strike back hard. He was quite shaken by the 3 Reasons revelation, so I interpreted that as throwing him off his game, resulting his defeat. But I don’t necessarily see his loss as a bad thing for the plot as whole, since it came with a lot of merits. It’s just the matter of whether or not they will abuse the plot-armor that everyone hates.

But you’re right about how the YGO series as a whole has been lacking an intense rivalry like Atem and Kaiba, with Kaiba being the dominant one as oppose to the protagonist. It will be interesting to see how they choose the handle the two antagonist fractions, (heck, Hanoi Knights could potentially be described as an Anti-Hero Fraction).

Ema is gonna be snooping around for the goodies she heard of. She of all of them looked the most excited about the dirt on SOL Tech. LMAO.

5. Kazanova says:

From this episode, I’m starting to think of three speculations:

1. Revolver is the person who encouraged Yusaku 10 years ago in that room.
    2. Like Yusaku, Revolver is involved in that incident, trapped in the same room, and then also received encouragement of the three reasons like Yusaku did. Since his father seems to be involved in the incident 10 years ago and SOL Technology, I don’t find it weird if Revolver retain his memories, unlike Yusaku who lost most of it.
    3. Specter is also involved in the incident 10 years ago.

I have to agree with you about the funniest part in this episode. Poor Ai being ignored like that! But seeing your reaction while you’re in your real body like that is so cute! I’m sure the next episode we’ll see more like this based on the preview! XD

Ema approach Kusanagi in his hotdog stall, and Yusaku see her… I’m gonna expecting this mean we’ll soon have Playmaker vs. Ghost Girl!

6. becs says:

I think this is the first episode that I actually called Ignis Ai. I cared so much for the little guy and he is pretty much my favourite in this whole series. Yusaku is getting there, I actually felt pretty hard for him in these past few episodes. Him falling asleep was just plain adorable!!

Ai’s reveal was as funny as you thought Eva, I thought I was going to lose oxygen! The way he revealed himself had actually kind of frightening imagery and i screamed a bit before erupting into unending laughter at his size and reveal!! And then the two just prompt ignoring him unimpressed! XDD

I was so glad that this duel ended here. I don’t think i could’ve stood it if it lasted one more episode. SO yeah, Yusaku one punched him!

Good! The plot is moving along! I’m so incredibly glad that Aoi woke up this episode! If she was a goal to accomplish for the rest of this arc I would’ve flipped a table! She is not my favourite character so far. She has potential to get better and move on from her brother complex and hopefully Akira can move on from his little sister complex.
    Selena and Yuzu are hard examples of potentially good characters. Hopefully Aoi can prove me wrong and show more badassery!

I’m so glad that we aren’t being bombarded by filler episodes now. the plot is moving at a good pace atm. I’m so excited to see what happened to Yusaku and Revolver 10 years ago!

It also showed a dramatic change in character for Yusaku, because before he was never open at all to anyone about his intentions or past. Now that he is passionately showing his determination to everyone as Playmaker, that he does have a goal and isn’t working for anyone. Just… EMOTION!! Something we can actually relate to Yusaku with!!