SUMMER ANIME PREVIEW 2017

Eva

1. zztop says:

Isekai Shokudou’s more of a slice of life anthology series about the enjoyment of food. Focus is on various fantasy peoples coming to said restaurant and enjoying the well-prepared 21st century western-style Japanese cuisine there. The source novel is has many descriptive words on how appetizing a dish is.

Dive counts as a youth drama series, so expect drama. Some people who saw the prescreening of the 1st 2 eps say a major theme is Sacrifice to acheive your goals.

2. Virginia says:

Really compared to spring I’m not excited for summer either.

Like how more people are trying out the magical girl genre but I feel only PreCure does a good job with the genre. (Not a fan of Sailor Moon and haven’t got the chance to watch Puella Madoka)

And on top of that…what’s with the craze of going back in time two generations ago?

3. Wanderer says:

For the record, guys:
    Centaur no Nayami – calling it a “poor man’s Demi-chan” is getting things reversed. This series explores social and life issues with a depth that Demi-chan doesn’t even begin to touch. The only real concern is that the people making this adaptation apparently do not have a good track record at all, so it could end up going poorly despire having strong source material.

Enmusubi no Youko-chan – this is an adaptation of a Chinese ANIME, known as Fox Spirit Matchmaker (I’m not even going to try typing out the Chinese name). The original is very much an anime in every sense, and it is quite good: a remarkably well-balanced mix of comedy, action, romance, and drama.

Made in Abyss – this is absolutely NOT MADE FOR KIDS. Ye gods. Do not expose your children to it unless you want them to have PTSD.

New Game – Vantage, how could you not recognize the wonderfulness that is Nenecchi? Nene is a good girl.

• Wanderer says:

Also, there’s something weird going on with your comment system these days. If I type too long a comment, the “post comment” button scrolls off the bottom of the little window area designed for it, and there seems to be no way to scroll down in that area and get it back. While this can cut down on comment size if people know what’s happening, when I didn’t it resulted in me staring at the page going “WTF? How am I supposed to post this?!”

Thank you for informing us about that. I have just updated the theme, please let me know if this solves the problem, if not I’ll send a note to the theme’s developer about that. Most likely something is broken or a bug and hopefully it can be patched up in the next update since it’s not supposed to do that. :(

• Wanderer says:

Still appears to be a problem. I can easily test it just by clicking into the text box for a post and holding down the Enter key. The screen quickly scrolls down and all the interface stuff at the bottom (the post comment button, the part with my login info, all of that) quickly scrolls right off the bottom of the post area. And I can’t scroll in that section: every attempt to do so just scrolls the entire screen, which doesn’t do anything for this issue.

Since you may need to know for tech support, I’m using Firefox version 54.0.1 (32-bit).

That’s weird, I don’t have that problem…. But I’m using Firefox 54.0.1 (64-Bit). I wonder if that changes things… It would be good to know if this is a problem for many others as well. Anyhow I’ll send a notice to the developer and hopefully there will be a fix! ; A ; Thanks for the feedback on the issue! Always appreciated!

Nenecchi is a spy! And a pudding thief! A PUDDING THIEF!

I’m actually wondering how they’ll slot her into this season if she’s to have anything more than a role at the margins, given that she was only ever at Eagle Jump part-time.

As for Made in Abyss, I was hoping it’d turn out to be something along those lines, but the anime’s art style looks like such a disappointment when compared to the source material’s.

• Wanderer says:

Aww, come on. It was an accident, and she got really upset when she realized she’d done it.

I’ll let you find out for yourself how she does and doesn’t fit into things this season. :D

I’ve steered clear of Made in Abyss personally, but other people who are following it have made it very clear that, despite the designs, it is some really dark stuff.

4. Omg i have to watch many of them , now my target for next few month is try to finish the anime’s in this list,
    Btw which one are worth wacthing