Yu-Gi-Oh ARC-V Episode 144: Should’ve, Would’ve, Could’ve

Eva

1. aramire77 says:

You took the words out of my mouth precisely. They could’ve done this sooner. Because, putting aside the episode is near the end of the series, this is a wonderful and beautiful Duel after such a long time. Much better than those stupid Battle Royale reenactment. And another thing to note, I’m quite enjoyed seeing Reiji’s shocked face when his prediction was wrong. He thought Yuya will summon Dark Rebellion, but Yuya instead decided to use Odd-Eyes and attack! If I remember it right, this is the first time Reiji’s prediction of Yuya’s strategy was wrong. And I think it’s a good choice that Yuya decided not to summon Dark Rebellion. I don’t think that this Duel’s climax would be this amazing if he used Dark Rebellion.

Next episode, finally Yuya vs Shun! It’s very late in the series, but I’ll watch definitely watch it! Especially after seeing chibi Shun and Ruri! I never thought I would see chibi Shun in the anime! I always thought I will only ever see chibi Shun in manga.

Actually, there’s a huge possibility their soul didn’t split. When Zarc was defeated, a second before Zarc able to split again, Reira immediately sealed Zarc’s soul into him. We can see that before the soul was expelled, Yuya’s body was shown about to split into four but then became one again and then Zarc’s soul was expelled from Yuya’s body and sealed into Reira. This may indicated that Yuto and the others are actually still inside Yuya.

2. 75chaosflare says:

In all honesty, I thought this episode was kinda good and without a doubt a lot better than the last three.

Don’t really have much to say about it except most of the lines from Dennis and especially Edo. I understand Dennis was acting but his whole threatening to “card people again” doesn’t really mean much when it was more “tell than show”; same thing goes for Edo’s line about how they’ll never forgive nor accept them when we pretty much saw them opposite of that at 112 not to mention of how much tension wasn’t already diminished by said character. However most of that is basically because of the majority of things should have happened before instead of now. Looking back at it a second time I can understand the symbolism it’s trying to make and it’s kinda good. However, judging from what’s happening later on it will immediately make the premise for this episode pointless.

As for the previews, while good that they finally show at least something regarding a childhood from Shun and Ruri it doesn’t exactly feel as emotional as it should and probably won’t with at best they’re freeze frame images but I can see they are at least trying at best.

Lastly, I find it funny how since this arc started, Reiji becomes more sketchy by the moment.

3. 75chaosflare says:

Also this episode was by Ryou Tamura instead of the one we are used to(Head Writer Kamishiro or Director Ono) but has worked on some episodes in the past that were fine. In a way, Ryou Tamura honestly is one of the other two that at least tries with this series to make things right despite how poorly it ended up.

Lastly, I forgot to mention was Yuya apparently flash-backing to Ruri’s death even though from back then we didn’t saw that he didn’t see anything that was happening. But if he had why didn’t he nor Yuto were pissed that their respective key persons were killed off but had to do something once Yuri carded Yushou? I guess they just did that for no real reason but I just think it was again for the sake of the plot since in all honestly there was never any emotion towards things that should have mattered at the time.

• aramire77 says:

Who are the other two writers? Sorry, I don’t remember all of them. How many writers again in charge of Arc-V?

4. Yugioh Fan says:

I will admit this episode had a few flaws, like the stress the Heartland citizens should have had, and the fact that everyone in Heartland has there memories, but everyone had to be reminded by Declan(Reiji) to get theirs back. However, this was definitely the best episode so far of this final arc episode 141 to the last episode. Of course, considering the last 3 episodes that’s not saying much. Still it was nice to finish up Dennis character development and his portion of the story, the duel was also good, despite the over-usage of Action Cards, but I’ve accepted it at this point, and lastly all the characters like Allen, Sayaka, Edo(Aster), the Tyler sisters and Kite(Kaito) were all handled well, only speaking when absolutely necessary to not detract from the duel. Heck Kite(Kaito) didn’t speak, but that’s okay, because he’s a bad ass rival, all he needs to do is smile or smirk, and clap his hands or nod his head, and that’s enough. It was also cool how Yuya chose not to uses Dark Rebellion, he knew Dennis and in order to get through to him he had to entertain which he does best with Odd-Eyes. Now I expect him to uses Dark Rebellion in the next episode, because it looks like Shay(Shun) is going to be angry, so to get through to him and return him to the good Shay(Shun) we all know and love, he’ll need his best friends ace card Dark Rebellion. If the rest of the episodes are as good as this one it might just save this arcs ranking and move Arc V up to my 3rd favorite Yugioh series, but after the previous 4 episodes before this one I can assure you Arc V will never be my favorite now, to much damage was done thanks to episode 140.

5. Becs says:

Pretty much my thoughts. I enjoyed this episode more than I thought i would and more than the previous ones, since I just mentally separated it in my head with the overall story of fucking SAVING YUZU AND THE OTHERS!!

When Dennis called him for heading back to the portal asking if he was going to turn his back. Plotwise he should’ve said ‘yeah, i’m going to turn my back as i’ve got more important shit to do atm!’

I hope some bullshit twist happens like it actually turns out that to revive the list yuboys and girls he has to win a duel with one person in every dimension with Reiji being the last one in the pendulum dimension.
    I know it would be unimaginative but if Yuzu and that are officially dead by now I will just crumble…

6. Let’s begin “Finding Yuzu” with Dennis being the first hurdle to stop the damn Egao Messiah Tomato.

• Uggh, not this cringe Allen’s voice when he was first introduced in the Xyz arc… AGAIN. Shut up.
    • Wow… it’s just tragic that NOBODY knows what happened to the Yu-waifus before they were forcibly merged into Ghost-Ray who loved to crash the HITOTSU NI party as her daily hobby.
    • This is a pretty lame reason to start a duel. And Dennis is totally gonna lose, goddammit!
    • Spamming Odd-Eyes as per usual. That’s yet another shit first turn from Yuya.
    • Oh, this brought up a question. Why is Heartland still in ruins? And people are still scared of dueling?
    • Yup, EVERYONE is still paranoid at Polymerization. Then again, this dimension was fucked by Fusionists who got salty at losing everything to Castel. BOW DOWN XYZ SCUMS!
    • Not going for Trapeze Magician? Then it must be TRAPEZE FORCE WITCH!!
    • With the absence of Masked Heroes in Arc V, Dennis himself must do the MASK CHANGE instead.
    • Ancient Gear Mask has the obligatory effect of shutting down Spells & Traps. Typical Ancient Gears.
    • OH MUH BAE!!! IT’S GRACE!!! <3 :(
    • MIRACLE MIRRORABBIT IS SO FUCKING SITUATIONAL. FUCK ENTERMATES!!! >:(
    • This duel is already pissing me off. Yuya continues to shill gimmicky Entermates like no tomorrow.
    • IT’S SHOWTIME!!! :D
    • SHOW MUST GO ON!! XYZ SHOKAN!! R4NK!! TRAPEZE MAGICIAN!!
    • FUCKING ACTION CARDS AGAIN!!! FUCK YOU YUYA!!!! >:(
    • Dennis easily keeps up with Yuya who has his rollerskates on. Show him who’s the boss, Dennis! :D
    • MOAR RANK-UP MAGIC!!! This one’s for Entermages! :D
    • RANK-UP!! XYZ CHANGE!! R5NK!! TRAPEZE HIGH MAGICIAN!!!
    • Dammit Grace, I love you, but STOP ENCOURAGING YUYA TO ABUSE ACTION CARDS! And Gloria is so annoyed at those children she’s gonna card them soon to shove a middle finger at Egao.
    • OH HEY LOOK!!! YUYA ACTUALLY ENDURED THE FINISHING BLOW WITHOUT RELYING ON ACTION CARD BULLSHIT!!! WHAT A BIG FUCKING SURPRISE!!! >_>
    • “THE FUN HAS JUST BEGUN!!!” This is rich coming for the Tomato whose duels have always been the absolute WORST in this show. Step down Yuya, you are not qualified to be an entertainer.
    • Again Yuya, the new Yugioh anime will not let you have fun recycling Pendulums for eternity.
    • Damn, Sword Fish certainly has a lot of screentime lately, even though it’s one of the shittiest cards ever printed.
    • It’s obligatory for me to mute the audio everytime Yuya yells “LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!”.
    • Much like how Yuri cut off Sky Magician’s hands when he dueled Yusho, this time Yuya will also have two perfectly situational Continuous Spells to lead him to an undeserved victory.
    • Reiji initially thought Yuya would go for Dark Rebellion, but then again it would be totally useless to use Dark Rebellion’s or even Dark Requiem’s (LOL does that card still exists?) effect against Trapeze High Magician because XYZ MONSTERS DON’T HAVE LEVELS. All is not according to keikaku.
    • Dennis! Do something! Don’t let the Tomato keep hammering your Life Points!
    • GODDAMMIT ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!! Did Yuya just pull a win out of his ass by using Miracle against Trapeze High Magician?!! HOW IS THIS EVEN ALLOWED?!! >:(
    • And Arc V never ceases to make my brain explode. The true entertainer lost. GG Dennis… ;_;
    • All the more reason why Yuya is the worst Yugioh protagonist ever. SOMEONE JUST KILL THE DAMN TOMATO ALREADY!!! >:(
    • The Xyz Dimension citizens are too stupid to be brainwashed by this Egao drivel FOR THE THIRD TIME. They gladly accepted Yusho’s teaching, Edo’s Edicts of Egao and now Yuya’s “LEGGO MUH EGAO” without question, so high chances are they will forever remain docile in their stupidity.
    • HEY KAITOFUCKER, WHERE IS YOUR HARUTO?!! Shouldn’t you be hunting down Leo as well to take back your precious Haruto, like Shun is doing so to get back his precious Ruri?!!
    • REIRA, JUST SMILE ALREADY!!! THAT WAS A GREAT DUEL… even though Yuya won by pure bullshit and the true entertainer was forced to job. Anyway, JUST SMILE ALREADY!!!
    • DENNIS IS NOW THE EGAO SENSEI! THE SHOW WILL GO ON!!! :D

NEXT EPISODE
    I want Shun to kill this Egao Messiah Tomato, but knowing my luck he’ll be forced to job against him after delivering us the glorious RANK 12 BIRD. Nonetheless, it is hilarious to see chibi Ruri once destroyed Shun’s Xyz falcons with Mirror Force (and possibly won that duel). XD

*Dear Yuzu,

I know it’s highly unlikely that you’ll have the time to appear and DUEL for the last time, but should you get the chance, do us a favour: CRUSH THE DAMN EGAO TOMATO MESSIAH after he spammed out his multi-summoning and Egao shenanigans + Action Card spam with your glorious Melodious singers. Deal him the most humiliating defeat ever inflicted to a Yugioh protagonist, destroy him to the point he’ll never be able to stand up again and spread the cancerous Edicts of Egao anymore.

Sincerely,
    EVERYONE

7. Apparently the only dimension that lost their memories… sure. I don’t care anymore, I’ve given up on figuring out the plot. That said, I’m not sure WHY Yuto is missing, or why Yuya has Dark Rebellion. I figured maybe he didn’t summon it because he realized he didn’t have it, but it clearly is the case that he has it since we know from the preview that Yuto AND Ruri are both gone. So Yuya probably has the other dragons as well, for whatever that’s worth.
    This episode was only fun because I like Dennis and Yuya. I really doubt it would’ve been as good if it were characters I didn’t have such an attachment too. I kinda loved the fact that Dennis wasn’t suddenly a good person, and he still used intimidation to get the Xyz residents to watch his duel when they didn’t want to (threatening to card them if they didn’t), before Yuya sort of reminded him that’s not what he should be doing. Dennis trying to shed Academia’s toxic teachings is a really cool plotpoint that I would’ve loved to see more than one episode dedicated to. And I would’ve liked to see it applied to more characters such as Edo “Suddenly a Good Guy” Phoenix and the Tyler Sisters, who were just an unwelcome addition to this episode since they seemed out of place. But I agree, this plot is way more interesting than the Reira-Zarc mess, and if there was more time dedicated to this it could lead to a lot more interesting development.
    Speaking of character development! Shun lost his best friend and sister, so he should be in an extremely emotional position right now, and the next episode should be very heartfelt. I really hope they don’t screw this up. Shun’s character development has suffered enough as it is.

8. kofmaster says:

Since the battle royale I think the whole thing is the Yuya’s ceremonial duel (the longest ceremonial duel ever).
    At the end of each yugioh the protagonista has to deal with an internal conflict to grow up and take a step forward.

Yugi: Learn to be independent, show that he’s not the weak child of the beginning and say goodbye to an old friend.
    Jaden: Re-discover his passion for duels
    Yusei: Putting an end to their rivalry before leaving the duels.
    Yuma: something like Yugi
    Yuya: Face his own demons and become the entertaiment duelist who always wanted to be.

Fun Fact: If you like Yugioh look at the episode 9 of Akiba’s strip, it’s one of the best parodies I saw about Yugioh and with much criticism about the tropes on the series and TCG.

9. Sanokal says:

They’re within Yuya. Riley sealed Zarc to prevent him from splitting and reviving.