Youjo Senki: Saga of Tanya the Evil Episode 5: My First Battalion

Berry

We're all just a bunch of weebs

1. LGM says:

Yes the Dakians are supposedly WW1 Romania, in real life Romania join the war against Germany 2 years after WW1 started, they probably thought that with Russia by their side joining the is a safe way to gain something from Germany.

They were horribly mistaken. It only takes the Central Powers months to conquered more then half of their country. They were lacking in Artillery, guns and training. The only reason Romania didn’t straight up lose the war in those few months was because Russia send a large part of their militarily as support.

It is said that WW1 was prolonged for at least a year because the Central Powers managed to use the oils and other various natural minerals that Romania had to sustain their draining resources.

• Berry says:

Ah, thank you very much! I’m sorry for my lack of WWI knowledge, but this was an interesting read. Yikes…just seeing how badly the Dakians were murdered, poor Romania. I should actually brush up on my WWI knowledge as I watch this show, it’ll just make this all more enjoyable.

2. Vantage says:

Visha is cute! CUTE!

I almost expected something to go wrong when they went up against the Dakians. Like it was some sort of ruse or intentional show of weakness, and that Tanya would be faced with a real challenge after the tables turned. But then nothing happened. They didn’t even have any visas.

• Berry says:

I thought so too. The fact that they looked bad was just to make them underestimate the Dakians but I was surprised when it was all the truth. Maybe it would have been more fun to see them struggle just a bit as we saw some of them were inexperienced (that one guy that was falling back for no reason), but…I guess it’s cool to see Tanya be cold-hearted too.

The visa comment just made me think of the politics shit show we have going on here. Like dammit Tanya don’t shit on people that don’t have visas. D:

3. Razgriz Invicta says:

Fun fact. Dakia is more or less a changing of the name ‘Dacia’, which was the old Latin name for the region (and Roman province, from about 106 to 275 AD) that we know of today as Romania. There’s even a Romanian car manufacturer known as Dacia owing to the old name for the region.

• Vlad the Impaler says:

Dacia, which is now owned by Renault…also, the “capital” featured in this episode doesn’t resemble the now capital Bucharest, but more on the lines of Cluj-Napoca [the most important city in Transylvania…and “cultural capital]