FALL ANIME 2016 PREVIEW

Eva

1. Yu Kobayashi playing a Fujoshi ?
    I gotta see this (at least one episode)

2. Virginia says:

Ummm what happened Star-Myu aka High School Star Musical? I read somewhere a second season will be aired in fall? Or did they change it?

3. Wanderer says:

@Vantage: Vivid Strike, according to secondhand information I have heard, is not the second season of Nanoha Vivid, but a spinoff set one year after the events of Nanoha Vivid. Apparently there’s been some messy stuff going on behind the scenes involving contracts and whatnot, which seem to have been interfering with Vivid’s continuation (Nanoha Vivid never even received a disc release, apparently). Some fans are hoping that Vivid Strike is aiming to re-ignite interest in the series, in order to allow them to finish up seas 2 of Nanoha Vivid.

One thing Vivid Strike is NOT going to have is NANOHA. Yukari Tamura is not among the cast, nor is anyone who voiced any of the adult characters, aside from Nove.

• mayama says:

Vivid season 2 has actually been confirmed for next year. BD for first season also been confirmed just recently.

• Wanderer says:

Regarding the second season, if you’re talking about the news story from Crunchyroll I’m going to remain skeptical because the source of the information was simply promo material for a pachinko machine. Also it still lists Yukari Tamura as cast, but with her having ended her contract with King Records, that seems questionable.

I’ve heard nothing about BD release for season 1, but that may have slipped under my radar since I’ve been more concerned about upcoming seasons than the one that’s already gone by.

I can corroborate as far as the ViViD S1 BD is concerned. You’re probably right to have doubts about an S2 though, I’ll just stay hopeful until something concrete appears.

• kofmaster says:

Something to add, A-1 Picture will make Vivid season 2, Vivid Strike is a Seven Arcs work (just like the original trilogy)

B-but I love Nanoha! It’ll be really weird without her. I’m fine with the focus being on a new generation of lolis and all, but at heart my attachment to the series has a lot to do with the original cast of characters. In light of that, I wonder whether it’s right to attempt to re-ignite interest by ballooning the cast even further with a whole new story, as popular as Minase Inori seems to currently be (and as much as I love her). Of course, I’ll reserve proper judgment until it actually airs. What I do know will re-ignite interest is the Movie 3rd Reflection and its speculated focus on Nanoha and Fate-chan in their teenage years in the military, possibly post-accident. But that seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.

I’m by no means up-to-date enough with Nanoha-related current affairs to be in the know, but did any detailed explanation surface for the way S1 just abruptly stopped with no indication of anything to come? Not continuing is one thing, but from what I remember they didn’t even seem to acknowledge that it was the last episode.

• Wanderer says:

I don’t know, I’m afraid. Nowhere I’ve looked really has an explanation. There are theories in plenty about contract and/or rights disputes (some guess that Yukarin’s departure from King Records may be fallout from that, although it’s belated if that’s the case), about quality issues resulting in poor viewer numbers, various things, but I haven’t seen any explanation that indicates anyone knows for certain.

What I can say is that a series usually starts getting its discs ready and taking pre-orders for them while the series is still airing. The pre-order listings are actually one of the things they use to help gauge a series’ popularity. The fact that we’re just starting to hear about the BD’s NOW… SOMETHING must have happened. Something that interfered with their normal release cycle. Perhaps a something that could even have caused them to abort the series in the middle until they worked it out? I don’t know. I can’t find anything other than speculation about this, and it frustrates me.

On a different note, I agree that doing a series in the Nanoha-verse without actually having Nanoha in it feels very strange. When I first heard about it, and heard about Yukarin’s contract issues possibly meaning that she might never be involved in the franchise again, it… felt like the ground had been pulled out from under me. The Nanoha series is a foundational series for me, and Nanoha herself is iconic: not just as the face of the series, but as the character who introduced me to Yukari Tamura, and resulted in me accepting her as one of my favorite seiyuu. I am still looking forward to Vivid Strike: I want to see what this is, and how it goes. But I wish Nanoha were here.

4. zztop says:

Some trivia on the new animes:

1) Sangatsu no Lion is by Umino Chika, creator of the Honey and Clover manga, and character designer of the Higashi no Eden anime series. If you like her works and design, you’ll like Lion.

2)Haikyuu S3 only has 10 episodes because there’s not enough source material left to adapt. The manga’s still ongoing, so the animators need to pace themselves to make sure they don’t catch up with the manga yet. (The other solution being using fillers, like Naruto and Twin Star Exorcists).

3) Ao Oni’s getting an anime movie next year, and there’s already a live action movie too. Has anyone played the source game before?

4)I’m not surprised at Keijo’s content. Apparently the last work of the mangaka featured an exorcist who had to grope women’s boobs to exorcise the evil ghosts haunting them.

5. Was hoping for more psycological stuff this season :P

6. bedmonds says:

Charibo wins best comment award. “Magical girl isn’t really my cup of tea but if they actually kill each other and suffer a lot, I’ll watch it. But I want this to be bloody, make it rain.” That warmed the empty space where my heart should be. Et pour cela, je vous remercie.