Macross Delta Episode 4

Eva

1. lubczyk says:

I wonder if the writers will be able to weave a clever plot with all these mysteries. Also, is Mikumo trying to push Freya to do better or is she getting passive-aggressive with her? Maybe she is jealous since Freya is taking so much of the spotlight? I have a feeling that the mystery behind Mikumo will be bad news once it comes to light.

I feel the same, there is something off about her and makes me uncertain about her character.

2. cba says:

I see no problem with Hayate’s dancing in this episode, it was in the middle of the concert when everything was working and no enemy was in sight. When it was time to be on alert he did his duty like the rest of the team.
    I actually like Hayate a lot, way more than Alto. He reminds me of Fire Bomber’s Basara from Macross 7, who also hated any type of violence and disregarded everyone’s opinions by going to the battlefield using his song and guitar as his only weapon.

The only problem with breaking formation is the risk of bumping into each other, which he had almost did with Mirage- as result made me annoyed.
      That being said: I wouldn’t be surprised if Hayate taught Mirage how to dance in the sky and make it so they can incorporate it into the formation.

I agree with you though, Hayate is more interesting than Alto (I always found him to be a bit bland). It’s interesting that you mention it that Hayate is similar to Fire Bomber’s Basara from Macross 7. I haven’t had the chance to watch that series yet, it’s been on my radar since the announcement of Macross Delta as I have tried to begin my marathon of Macross three months ago.

• Out dear God if you don’t like hayate ya you are going to HATE basara. Basara has a bit more charm in how nuts he is and people call him out a bit more but yeah breakdance bit doesn’t approach Basara legal selfcenterdness.

LMAO, I can usually put up with these type of characters a lot more when I am not covering the show because I am not obliged to critique them. xD

• cba says:

It is a fun series, but if you dislike Hayate’s attitude then Basara can be worse lol And the main heroine is Mylene Jenius, Mirage’s aunt and daughter of Max and Milia Jenius (Mirage’s personality resembles her grandmother).
        A couple of years ago they released Macross FB7, a movie where Ozma who is a big fan of Fire Bomber finds a tape about them and it retells 7’s events. It ends with Sheryl and Ranka singing with Fire Bomber’s most famous songs with Klan cosplaying Mylene and Michael as Basara:

Hahaha, I can live with it- especially when I am not actively covering the show. Thanks for the link!