Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 68: Custody of the S Class

Vantage

I love cute things.

1. Alex Hegarty says:

I agree with the Hide being a member of V theory and can i also point out in chapter 1 of Tokyo Ghoul (not Re) they said that 1 person will last a ghoul for 3 months, meaning for Hide to be dead with no remains left means Kaneki would of had to eat 3 months worth of food in under an hour which is frankly impossible.

Exactly. I know some people were saying his body could have just been hidden beneath the sewer water, but if Ishida wanted him dead he would have made it unambiguous. Like with Hairu, bless her soul. Kaneki could have just eaten a limb or two, and if Hide ends up really being as shady or involved as many people think then he’ll either already be able to grow it back or will have some way of compensating for his lack of an arm. Hide (like Rize and Amon) is an important someone that Kaneki will meet in the future, I’m sure this is just Ishida’s way of telling us he hasn’t forgotten about him.

2. Plinfan says:

Furuta, you bastard
    I find it kinda sad that Eto really seemed to like Shiono, shows that she isn`t just a inhuman monster. Also respect to Shiono, he probably was awair that keeping the book seacret and spreading it to as many people as posible would end bad for him and did it anyway. No wonder Eto is as insane she is today, V really is destroying everything she cares for. It is nice to see Ken rescuing Hina after all this time, even thought I`m kinda scared cause he is back into his sucidal mindset. Speaking of Sucidal, Ayato is going to have a bad time. His only hope is the battle being interuppted, otherwice hina would need to seach for a new boyfriend, lol.

I don’t know whether she liked Shiono, but at the very least she was genuinely grateful to him. They had a nice relationship, and that’s really weird for Eto given her intensely bitter world-view. It was only because of his efforts that she could begin a career as an author (and thus eventually write Bileyg, The King to achieve her goals) and he stuck with her even after accidentally learning that she was a ghoul. She’s indebted to him in many ways, and Furuta spat all over her one relationship with a human by killing him and forcing her to eat him (which she will probably have to do if she wants enough strength to break out of Cochlea as well during the confusion).

I’m not on the Ayato x Hinami ship at all hahaha. Have you seen her prison diary? She talks about her time in Cochlea and everyone else she cares about and how she wants onii-chan to be the last person she speaks with before she dies, but sadly for Ayato there’s not one mention of him. I don’t really see him dying here though (even though being Ayato is suffering) so maybe Amon or Eto will save him or something.

Ayato still has Saiko tho :D

3. Shuwen says:

It’s happening!

One last thing I’m hoping for in this arc is an appearance by Arata Krishima. After all, I don’t think they ever explicitly stated that he was dead, and the fact that at least three quinques were made from his kagune heavily implies they were, at least at one point, keeping him alive as a kakuhou farm. It’s probably just wishful thinking on my part, but it would certainly be interesting if he became a full-fledged character, as opposed to just appearing briefly in flashbacks.

I want that too. Ayato has taken the trouble to come all the way to Cochlea, and he can’t even rescue Hinami any more because he was beaten to it. If he’s captured and stuffed in a cell somewhere, it would be nice if he could meet Arata. Although it would mean more suffering on his part to see his dad being farmed for his kakuja. I know Root A had that anime-original scene where he fought Shinohara and realized right after losing that Shinohara was wearing an Arata, but I think he thought it meant Arata had been briefcased and had no idea there were actually multiple armors in existence.