Dimension W Ep 11 + 12 [Final Impression]

Oki

1. I totally agree with you! This show wasn’t too bad, but I feel like I’ve gotten really jaded to the basic storyline as well. The characters just didn’t feel very multi-dimensional, and all the inner turmoil Kyouma was facing got solved pretty quickly. I also didn’t even consider Haruka the villain until you mentioned it, and now that I think about it, you’re right.

In addition, I think another huge problem the series has is not properly explaining what Dimension W is and what it can do. We see it fucking people’s bodies up; we see it possibly reviving someone; we see it “materializing” and sucking things into it. But we don’t actually know what it does, what the dangers are, etc. That’s convenient for the producers, but it makes it hard to feel any urgency since we have no idea what the risks of tampering with the dimension even are. >_>

• Oki says:

Maybe this show could’ve succeeded on a 24 episode timeline? I don’t know, I’m really sick of this idea! Dimension W itself was so clever and here we go, bullcrap! Glad I’m not alone in my disappointment.

2. For me – the biggest disappointment of the season. Espessially the last episodes – so many people who just show up and then disappear. Who are they? Why did the authors decide to put them in? Everything looked like it was preparing us for a fighting game based on the anime.

• Oki says:

I agree completely. The entire final arc was just unnecessary and could’ve been done in a much different way.

• Selorm says:

Hahaha like Darker Than Black (same Author btw) anime production started got head of the manga & original plot changed…by 3-4th episode its started deviating from the manga so its expected. But unlike Darker Than Black Smaller budget & scheduling issues, planning etc may have rushed the ending. Sad, The DImension W world would have been brilliant to explore

3. Berry says:

Yeah I basically agree with everyone else. It really would have been better if it was a two cour show. Seameyer being introduced very late was the biggest turnoff for me. Though I did enjoy the characters, Mira’s the bae. I gave it the same rating as you. Was a fun watch but there were problems.

4. kinigget says:

I’ll definitely grant that this is a show that would have benefited greatly from having more episodes, but in the end the resolution kinda worked for me, or maybe it was just that the show had built up enough goodwill for me to be able to look past the flaws. Either way, I ended up really liking it and wanting more from this world and these characters

• Oki says:

I still like Kyoma and Mira, but the show definitely dropped because of my issues with it.