SPRING ANIME 2015 PREVIEW

Eva

1. Nikolita says:

Huzzah for Spring Review! Love all the team’s comments as usual. :)

I can’t tell you how excited I was to see Digimon at the top of this list. In middle school I gained a friend who was really into Pokemon and Digimon. I didn’t watch either show on my own, but once I became friends with her it was something we could watch together. No lie, as soon as I read the show’s synopsis in this article, I frantically sent her links to the preview and summary, telling her we had to watch it together. (Seasons 1 & 2 were the only ones I watched in the series, as they are also my favourites and honestly the show got kinda redundant after that). I cannot wait until the show starts and I can read the weekly reviews!

I’m also curious to see what Plastic Memories will be like too.

2. About Yamada….I wouldn’t really play it off as 100% cliche, because the summary sure paints it that way. Hell, there’s more powers than just body swapping; as shown in the PV, the guys get kissed just as much as the girls are; heck, even a guy is included in harem; Despite the initial harem feel, there is indeed an endgame girl he ends up with. Well there’s just the little things that make it not step into the cliche territory and there is a plot…kind of, sort of (its not like just a standard slice-off life with them not doing anything about it, they actually go and attempt to get rid of the curse). While it does have fan service moments, it doesn’t dwelve into the ecchi area….so I have no idea where the F that ecchi tag came from unless the anime decides to up the occasional fanservice. All I can say is that its an actually amusing manga as someone who has read all of it up-to-date and its not like I’m here to convince anyone to actually watch it, I’m just trying not to make it sound like the next coming of a plague like some have already. Only real issue I actually I have with it is that it suffers from Bleach-syndrome (the manga should have ended after the first curse arc like how Bleach probably should have ended after Ichigo lost his powers/or got them back after the Fullbringers), but even still the new stuff is enjoyable.

Along with the fact that only 3…3 1/2 of the 7 girls on the cover actually are included in his harem: two have no interest in him; another barely knows him and has no interest/rather be a friend; and another one would rather see him pair up with his male harem member (along with a horrible promotional poster as not only it spoils all the witches identities but also the top two aren’t even that relevant for most of it. I’d rather see them replaced with Miyamura and Itou/Tsubaki)

3. ok says:

OH MY GOD OWARI NO SERAPH LOOKS REALLY GOOD PLUS MUSIC PRODUCER IS HIROYUKI SAWANO SO THAT’S DEF ON MY LIST.

Also wow Yamada-kun gets an anime? And I wasn’t aware?? (also yeah I’m p hyped bc the mangaka for it worked alongside Hiro Mashima)
    Seems like a lot of the anime this season are from mangas that I’ve read and loved which is hella great of course.
    Surprisingly there’s a lot I’m going to shotgun this season unlike Winter? And if first impressions are awesome I’ll probably have a really long list of to-watch anime this is quite exciting!

(HYPE FOR MIKAGURA HOHOHOHOHO)

4. Putotyra says:

Oh, Digimon, my old friend. This season have a lot of stuff like to watch, but i still saving my hype for the epic adaptation of One punch man.

• ok says:

FEEL YOU BRO. I ACTUALLY THOUGHT ONE PUNCH MAN WOULD STAY AS A MANGA FOREVER BUT AW YISSS GOD IS REAL

5. Wanderer says:

I was schocked to see Digimon here. Season 1 was my childhood, along with part of season 2 (I never saw the whole thing). But I don’t know… after all this time can something that comes out for it still capture the magic?

Anyway, Nanoha Vivid and Kiniro Mosaic are locks for me. I’ll be seeing Vantage there, it looks like.

6. sidekick says:

I’m screaming as I look through the season preview tbh. So many good titles coming out this season. Been screaming since they announced that new Digimon. Sad that I have school and can’t cover anything but I’m still so excited C:

My picks for the season: Digimon (HOLY SHIT. LITERALLY MY CHILDHOOD. I STILL HAVE MY OLD DIGIVICE), Utapri (syo best boy), Ore Monogatari (TWO COURS! HOLY SHIT! BEST MANGA EVER), MORE Teekyu (how am I the only person to love this series, it baffles me), BBB (Rie Matsumoto!!!), Arslan Senki, Baby Steps 2…….christ so many shows ;A;

There are also those I’m on the fence abt, like Daiya 2 (I love it, but it’s kind of tiring to watch honestly), Punchline, Ninja Slayer (lol trigger pls), Hibike (Naoko Yamada!!! but also another k-on ripoff idk???) and Shokugeki No Soma……

AND TO HIDEKI AND SAVAGE: pls watch baby Steps and join the cult. It’s so, so good and is totally not Prince of Tennis….it’s got a fantastic protagonist, excellent pacing, a down to earth, realistic, but still satisfying narrative….it’s so good. and season 2 adapts my favorite arc in the manga so that’s a plus!!!

apologies for going completely off the rails w. also i’ll regularly post comments on Baby Steps & Ore Monogatari posts in particular to show my support!! would love to see Vantage’s take on baby steps too :-)

7. aoisuu says:

I think one of you guys should look into Mikagura, they just released a promo video and it looks kinda good imo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bENv_RyOFGw

Thanks for linking the Promo, I have added it to the list. I usually watch most of the premieres each season (unless it’s horror) so I look forward to seeing what it will be like since I can’t figure out how I feel about Mikaguara yet. XD

8. I’m actually really, really excited for this season! It looks really promising (even with the usual ecchi/harem shit)!

9. Tenshi says:

THIS SPRING SEASON SOUNDS REALLY PROMISING! I’m super excited for it and there are a lot of series I have been eagerly awaiting for awhile (Shokugeki no Soma, Nisekoi:, danna ga nani wo itteiru ka wakaranai ken 2, oregairu second season, DanMachi, Hibike euphonium, and Kyoukai no Kanata Movie) and Plastic Memories and Ore Monogatari also look amazing. I’ll probably also check out etotama, kyoukai no rinne, houkago no Pleiades, Ren-Kan, Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku, and maybe even Yamadakun to Nananin no Majo. Wow that’s possibly 16 anime… With these many shows at least half of them should be good, right? I have high hopes for this season:)

10. Lilgamer says:

Hope someone has a look at mikagura, I loved it and le characters!
    #dontfaillikekagepro

11. Re-kan… Fascinating. Very fascinating. I was pleasantly surprised that it has full length episodes too! All in all, yet another show that I was really looking forward to this season that left me uplifted :) I’m looking forward to your thoughts, both MidnightDevont and Berry!