Sword Art Online II Episode 19: Zekken

Vantage

I love cute things.

1. Mark says:

All aboard the feel train.
    Seriously, to LN reader, new OP visuals just hit where it hurts.
    The 2-year wait was worth it. Now I can truly believe that they will do this arc justice.

I’m so glad they properly changed the OP sequence instead of leaving it at Caliber with a slight hint of Yuuki. I suppose they didn’t want to put some overt spoilers in before she even appeared, but it really wouldn’t have changed too much. They haven’t spoiled nothing.

;_;

2. Wanderer says:

I can’t see Yuuki without… without…

And the ED: it looks like it’s set… after…

This whole storyarc is just going to hit an LN reading right in the feels over and over. :(

Neither can I… TT_TT

ED looks like it’s set during and after, which is probably why it’s prompting feels. So many scenes I’m looking forward to and dreading at the same time.

3. Anonymous says:

After seeing this episode, I kind of want to say some things. I like how detailed the first half was, especially how it highlighted the coldness of the Yuuki household and how the forest home provided a nice contrast to it. The LN mentioned how lively it was when Asuna went over to Kirito’s house for dinner, and how it differed from her own home, and I would’ve liked to see it even if it would be a little awkward to just put it in the episode. The second half had a great match between Asuna and Yuuki, though it was more louder and flamboyant than I expected from the LN.

That being said, I suppose my one gripe about this entire arc is kind of how Asuna is feeling. I understand that this is supposed to be her developing arc, how she’ll change, but I kind of feel that it’d be really good if Asuna and Kirito just talked openly about their feelings and such. I know that it would throw off the whole Asuna development as a character thing, but it feels to me that Asuna and Kirito never really talked about real world issues. I kind of feel that they should (isn’t it a rule or something that couples should be open with one another?), so Asuna will understand that Kirito will always be there to support her despite her thinking she’s weak. Am I wrong here?

They’ve spoken before about how they want to live their lives and what they want to do in the future – or at least, Kirito has. As for Asuna’s real world issues, perhaps it’s not really that she isn’t being open with him, but rather the fact that he can’t do anything about it regardless. Asuna’s relationship with her mother is something she has to sort out for herself – Kirito swooping in and punching her suitors or trying to convince Kyouko won’t really solve what needs to be solved.

I think Asuna already understands that Kirito will be there to support her (she thought about calling him in the aftermath of another frosty scene with her mother in Episode 20) but again, it’s not really anything to do with him. Also, maybe the fact they met in a game (and still regularly meet in a game) has hindered how open they are with real world issues. She still calls him Kirito after all.

Sorry this reply is late!

4. Train says:

The opening changes were SOOO good. Really loved the changes and how it fits the song. Poor Asuna, had to go through a lot because of family issues, when I watched the first scenes I couldn’t help but feel a little sad because of the contrast between her in-game and in real life. The discussion with her mother was a little painful to watch at times too, all the things about the arranged marriage,practically forcing her to change schools and deciding her life for her just felt wrong in its entirety.
    The fight was really flashy to say the least, with tons of explosions and whatnot. I expected them to actually show Yuuki’s OS( the 11 hits skill) instead of the big explosions but maybe that’s just my opinion. Asuna did pretty well, I remember reading that both had their hp in the red area before Yuuki won, though.
    Finally, Yuuki appeared(Yay!, she seems really fun and spontaneous, btw) and I really think she will one of the most(if not the most) enjoyable and deep characters of the show.

Yuuki used it near the end I think – it was just covered up in a huge cloud of smoke. They won’t be revealing it this soon! She’s a bundle of energy, it’s a such a huge contrast to Kyouko, the other character whom Asuna has key interactions with in this arc.