Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 2: No Yuri No Life

Vantage

I love cute things.

1. Wanderer says:

“after all, to trace Berserker’s huge slab of rock Kuro needs to have seen it before.”

Not in this case. The Archer card contains Emiya-Archer’s knowledge, at least in regards to things like that. She can trace any sword that Archer could trace, and probably some that he was unable to trace due to mana restrictions. Remember last season Illya-Archer pulling out all sorts of swords she’d never seen before: from Kanshou and Bakuya, to their overedge forms, to Caladbolg, and even the original Excalibur. It’s the same principle here: the Archer card grants Kuro all of Archer’s knowledge of weapons.

“With Archer’s powers, Kuro becomes even more dangerous to a strangely weakened Ilya – putting that little oddity aside,”

You really shouldn’t put that aside. Illya’s loss of power is both important and relevant.

“The icing on the cake is what looks like some sort of command seal on her body, which the OP had no qualms about revealing.”

This, on the other hand, is less so. If you looked at her midriff during the episode itself, you’d note that said mark isn’t there. You should find out about it next episode, and while I wouldn’t call it UNimportant, it has a great deal less significance than that issue you put aside.

That’s true, Ilya did use many of Archer’s weapons last season. It doesn’t explain how Kuro knew so much about magical girls though.

I’m assuming that Ilya’s loss of power is due to some sort of direct transfer to Kuro (or maybe, as Ruby said, she ate something bad!) – I’m putting it aside in terms of things I think I understand at this point in time :D Meanwhile, the command seal, which iirc has never appeared in Prisma Illya ever before, rang alarm bells in my head.

• Wanderer says:

What, about them changing back if they let go of the wands for too long or get too far away? That’s knowledge Illya has: she just hasn’t analyzed it down to the details of specific distance and specific timing.

Illya should possess an inhuman level of power. Remember the events in episodes six and seven of season 1. Yet suddenly, with the appearance of Kuro, Illya has practically nothing. You’re not wrong, exactly, but there’s something very significant involved here.

Ah yes, the fight against Saber and the impressive burst of power that got rid of all the Assassins. I tend to keep heavily associating her power with the Archer card itself, which has now supposedly been absorbed by Kuro – her time as Archer Ilya was when things really got going for her. Of course, that was when the “seal” or “lock” holding her back broke too.

Actually wait, you’re definitely on to something now that I think about it. She should have near-unlimited prana, right? Enough to project Excalibur of all things. Even if lots of it is diverted to Kuro, I don’t see how that would even dent her reserves. And yet they’re now almost all gone. Hmm.

2. igeisha says:

holy shit. what did i just watch!>!??!?!>!?21;111

Sweet vanilla ice-cream. I don’t know if yaoi shows feature lots of kissing (most light yuri shows actually don’t, and often also have a comedy or SoL genre that dominates) but I can bet they’re never as… intense.

In retrospect, I’m pretty sure I read something about the production team at Silver Link being shuffled around for 2wei. I didn’t think much of it at the time, but now I cannot be more pleased.