Wake Up Girls! Episode 3: Be my Sunshine

1. Cytrus says:

Well, you do realize there’s no ‘Yummy’ or ‘Tasty’ in Japanese, right? English is the world’s most inflated language in terms of vocabulary so there’s plenty of synonyms to choose from.

Well I don’t speak Japanese, so I didn’t know that until you mentioned it now.

• Cytrus says:

Japanese does have several words for delicious, of course, but if you discard the very rude and very bookish ones, you’re not left with much… Japanese gourmet programs are basically an endless loop of people going “oishii” and “umai”, it’s more about their expression and tone than the vocab used.

2. Noc says:

I didn’t seem to enjoy this episode as much as the first two (although the second episode I didn’t really *enjoy* so much as I appreciated the glimpse of darkness they were willing to show us and it got a lot of emotion out of me), but I think that’s because I’m still pretty angry at Tange. I’m the type to hold a grudge for a long time if someone manages to seriously make me angry, but I’m trying to not let it get to me. Minami is one of my favorites, so I’m happy she got focus early on- although I like all of the girls quite a bit, I really adore cheerful people who try their best even if they’re scared. That sounds pretty generic but it’s hard to find in anime sometimes. I would have appreciated Tange’s sympathy over Minami’s grandmother more if my mind wasn’t screaming “no just go to the concert, it’s obvious that’s what she’d want you to do!!” and that’s exactly how things turned out in the end…

Looks like we’re going to focus more on Mayu more next week. I must admit, she’s the one I’ve been feeling the most neutral about till now, and I despise paparazzi and the like, so I’m not sure if I’m excited for next week or not. I suppose I’m interested to see how the other girls handle heavy media coverage, but maybe we won’t get to see that just yet- it may just be an attack on Mayu for now.

And by the way, Eva…I was rereading some old blog posts here cuz I’m creepy like that, and couldn’t help but notice a certain conversation talking about Amnesia AMVs…so… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KYL_wx95O4 SHAMELESS ADVERTISING!!! XP

Yeah I’m also feeling pretty neutral about Mayu, but I am dreading the drama that is coming for her. Although the girls in the group are all sweet, there are a few who I expect to get angry at her, especially if her being part of the group drags them into her problems.

I can’t completely forgive Tange for running off with their money, but all I hope is for her to properly make it up to them by being an efficient producer and make use of her connections.

XD That’s a really great AMV! I’ve been working on an AMNESIA AMV, but it’s basically been scrapped aside with my half a dozen other ones I haven’t been able to complete. TTvTT I haven’t uploaded any in two years. It’s hard on my wrists *SOBS*

• Noc says:

My stomach is twisting over all those cameras and news people already DX I’m expecting the 13 year old to start being a jerk over it, actually…she already took a jab at poor Kaya when the older girl was being sexually harassed last episode. I like her spunk and ambition, but I get the feeling she lacks a bit of the team mentality needed to work well with others.

Yeah, all Tange can do now is her job, and make sure everything pans out well for these girls. Maybe she’ll have some tips on how to handle whatever Mayu scandal the news is hoping to dish out. While those in charge of I-1 Club seem to have built up a competitive atmosphere between their many girls, at least Tange is focusing on having WUG work in unity.

Yay, thank you! Most of my stuff is pretty simple, but every now and then I can make something nice =P. Ugh, I’m the same way- although I’ve gotten better in recent months, I still have piles of them that I just don’t have the energy to finish T.T