Inari Konkon Koi Iroha Ep 1 [First Impression]

1. Wanderer says:

I love how the foxes and Uka had a definite mystical and ethereal air the first time Inari ran into them, but the second time (the instant the foxes started talking) that all went out the window.

2. shiemi says:

I was so pleasantly surprised by this show. I loved it!
    This is like the fantasies of all girls come true!
    Magical girl transformation powers, a hot brother, a nice elder-sister-like character who turns out to have godly powers…
    I loved Ukanomitama once I saw her playing an otome game. xD (Btw the character in the game was voiced by Hino-san <33 )
    Anw the main guy's a jerk who loves the bitch called the prettiest girl in class. They can both get out of the picture really.
    Ditch him (even your brother is hotter), and get together with some ikemen god that's bound to appear soon. =D

3. Wanderer says:

Oy oy, don’t be mean. Sumizome has been nothing but nice to everyone, she doesn’t deserve to be called a bitch.

4. Noc says:

IT’S HEEEEERE~ ermahgawd, everyone’s so gosh darn KYOTO-BEN!!

I loved both the OP and ED sequences, and the animation was actually better than I was expecting! I also love how everyone kept their respective body types from the manga ^^ they changed certain things around compared to the first two manga chapters, but in a rare moment of adaption superiority I actually thought it helped things flow a lot better!! They even cut out a few silly misunderstandings which were disregarded quickly in the manga anyways, so that should save time in future episodes. And time saving we do need- only 10 episodes!!? Things should pan out nicely though, if they’re aiming for the semi-climax I hope they are. Not to crush Eva’s dreams, but I’d rather they keep an even pace rather than speed things up to fit in the recent chapters (I know, I know, it’s everyone’s OTP, but I don’t want Inari’s story to suffer just for that T.T). But, well…I suppose it depends on how they decide to adapt everything, so who knows? Aaah, I would like a second season though…just 10 episodes for a series I love so much is a tragedy…

And I almost forgot to talk about Inari’s transformation sequence!! I was really excited to see how they’d handle it in the anime, since these things are almost always spiffed up. I thought it was really great- short and sweet, with just a hint of Mahou Shoujo to suit Inari’s tastes ^^ I wonder if it’ll be the same thing every episode, or change depending on the situation? Will it be different when transforming into certain people? (I’m particularly excited to see her transform into a certain goddess, but that won’t be for a while DX)

I would much rather them to keep an even pace, I just wouldn’t be surprise if they decided to skip things like what had happened with Kamisama hajimemashita… And we all know how THAT turned out.

• Noc says:

I think Kamisama’s big problem was that they were trying to focus on the romance aspect of the series, but that didn’t really have any major development until later chapters so they went and messed things up. I’m also convinced that the anime staff thought it was some kind of reverse-harem series. They should have just taken it easy and shown us Nanami’s growth as a land god, or made it a two-cour adaption to make room for the more serious arcs.

If the OP and this first episode is anything to go by, it looks like Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha will be focusing more on the godly side of things, so that might keep things from becoming a disaster even if they do cut some things out. Hopefully ^^

Not only that, but they re-arranged the chapters out of order for no good reason! *HEADesK* And you’re right, they were trying to focus too much on the romance aspect instead of her independent character growth of becoming the land-god.

• Wanderer says:

So, after I ended up reading the manga for this anime, reading your comments somehow resulted in me reading all 107 currently translated chapters of Kamisama Hajimemashita. Since yesterday. I should find some way to get you folks for that. Particularly considering what happened to Nanami in that last chapter.

OH your poor soul! Talk about bad timing! Everything was great and sunshine and everything until BULLSHIT Ch 107 came along. It absolutely disturbed me and I was furious! IT WAS SO UNNECESSARY!!! I don’t give two shits about using it for “SHOCK FACTOR” or was trying to make Akura-ou more “evil” because he already done plenty of unforgivable things take makes him a ruthless villain! ARGGGGG!!!! It pissed me off so much! D:<

• Wanderer says:

I hated seeing that happen to Nanami. I don’t know how the rest of the readership views her, but having gone through her story in the past 24 hours I’ve really come to like her quite a bit. Just the idea that she might give up her life for that monster was terrible enough, but the way he… assaulted her when stealing her energy was… horrible. And none of it needed to happen! She’s powerful enough now with allies enough of her own that she could have taken the upper hand in the negotiation and forced a favorable set of terms. As it was, she entered into a bargain that the other side almost certainly wouldn’t keep, and which guaranteed that she would be dead, and unable to force them to live up to their part of the bargain. And that doesn’t even mention maybe having to push the mermaid into changing Ami back to normal, which could be quite a task on its own.

It was dark and unneccessary, and it did something horrible to Nanami, that we don’t even know if she can recover from.

As far as I’m concerned the fandom loves her! She is such a strong a heroine and that’s one of the reasons why I was so pissed off with the anime adaption. They absolutely butchered that part of her character.
                  And that said, that’s exactly why many of the fans were so upset with the chapter (unfortunately there were a few were romanticizing the situation *HEAHDESKS*)

The RAWS for CH 108 is starting to show up. We’ll see how things goes from here. I hope it’s handled well at the very least. OTL|||||