Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 [First Impression]

Heavily Rotating

1. Wanderer says:

WHAT THE #&*%ING #&*% ON A #&*%STICK DID NIBUTANI DO TO HER HAIR?!! I thought she was a new character just looking at the screencaps! That is not even CLOSE to being acceptable!

Besides, dyeing her hair to try to change her identity is just as much a part of chuunibyou as anything she thinks she’s leaving behind. She’s still not being her “real” self.

She was wonderful before, wasn’t she… now that this has happened I feel like we’ve taken her former self for granted all this time. Dekomori’s accusations of her being a fake Mori Summer have actually come true now!

I’m still holding out hope that Nibutani sees the error of her ways, especially as the OP and fight scenes (where she accepts her chuuni side) show her with orange-brown hair. It’s just not the same ;_;

2. Eva says:

Agree, she isn’t being her “true” self at all, she’s trying to turn into something she’s not. ; ^ ;

3. magicflier says:

Let Yuuta and Rikka’s dating days commence! (◉‿◉)

May it be happy and prosperous :D

Although coming to think of it, was it explicitly stated that they were dating? I could have sworn their relationship was still rather ambiguous at the end of the first season. I dunno, maybe it’s just me.

• magicflier says:

I don’t know whose subs you watched it from but yes, Yuuta did explicitly say they were dating in this episode. I don’t know about last episode but you should’ve already assumed that they started dating since the moment they made that ‘contract’ under the bridge in season one. That contract is a roundabout way for dating. XD Even during the scene when everyone was in Yuuta’s room after being busted for being found out he was living with Rikka, Touka and Nibutani were talking about it:

That contract was when they started dating?! O_O

I was referring to how Yuuta and Rikka are now defining their relationship much more clearly than they did last season – I remember them awkwardly trying to go forward with things during that Christmas OVA, as if they hadn’t even confessed yet. Maybe that’s just how they are :D