Buddy Complex Episode 1 [First Impression]

1. WandererYS says:

I’ll bet $10 at the last episode, the story unravels that it is also events that led to the first episode. I won’t be too surprised either if the masked pilot ends up being Dio (aka the buddy). Somehow, the story felt…..very predictable and cliche. I hope it proves me wrong.

• sidekick says:

I wouldn’t exactly agree with predictable (I mean they gave us vampiric body-swapping mecha pilots) but cliche? Don’t forget that cliche is basically Sunrise’s forte

• WandererYS says:

By cliche I didn’t mean the buddy thing, but the general storyline and the possible identity of the masked character with possibility who ‘was’ very close to the main character.

Btw, a few character designs are giving me reflections of other anime characters as well…

1. Lene Kleinbeck: Comparing to Natarle Badgiruel from Gundam Seed, I know it wasn’t an exact replica, but the uniforms also looked similar. Notice how she’s also second in command of a warship as well?

2. Elvira Hill: Somehow, I just feel that if you gender change Kurz Weber from Full Metal Panic, he would look like this. Maybe it is just the blond hair (not exact), blue eyes, some parts of the hair style, and the way they both roll their eyes. Okay, maybe saying that smirk is going too far, but you get the picture.

3. Mayuka Nasu: Hair color and style very similar to Amy from Suisei no Gargantia. Okay, eye color isn’t. I was at first thinking of Akiha Shishido from The Girl who Leaped through Space for that hair style, but after comparing I found Amy was more similar.

4. Bizon Gerafil: Somehow I see Angelo Sauper from Gundam Unicorn (hello Sunrise XDDDDD). An enemy and very possibly someone’s subordinate.

Remember don’t take these too seriously.

I’m willing to bet on that as well. LMFAO, coming around into a full circle- unless whatever happens, changes the future.

• WandererYS says:

I may have made a mistake on my guess on the masked pilot. I’m now guessing it may be Bizon Gerafil or Tarjim Vasily for two reasons:

1. They’re the ONLY enemy (when I use enemy, it means the side of war opposing the main character) characters with an eye color similar to yellow. Despite the helmet being a little yellow, it showed that the eye color of the masked pilot being that of a darker yellow.

2. On the official website, it displays Hina wearing an enemy uniform. The masked pilot ‘knows’ who Hina is, which means they konw each other and may have been close. They need to be on the same side of war to do that.

2. Eva says:

//Aoba does NOT question Hina like a normal person. He just smiles and TRUSTS HER as he enters the cockpit and watches her fight the mecha from the future (Hina: “You put your faith in people so easily!! *blushes*) because he’s a NICE GUY amirite? //

All more reason he’s a naive idiot. *HEADESKS* JFC the whole episode was a joke.

• sidekick says:

I guess I think a little more highly of Aoba than you do, Eva. Must be because of the manly basketball

Not even the basketball can make him more manly for me Sidekick XDDD

• lilgamergal says:

When I hear ‘Aoba’ I can only think of the Aoba from Dmmd (T_T)/)

The two anime’s im mainly waiting for is Pupa and Kagerou Project (mekaku city actors)

*weird fangirl laugh*

3. helen says:

Is the show really so bad that it isn’t worth reviewing?

• sidekick says:

It’s not /that/ bad. Thing is that it’s so similar to Sunrise’s usual mecha anime shtick that it isn’t really worth talking about at all, IMO.