SITE LAYOUT: Requesting Feedback!

1. WandererYS says:

I like it. It makes better use of space. There’s also the fact that I don’t have to scroll for fifteen seconds to see all the entries covered on the page in order to find the one I want to read about. XD

2. Y says:

I like it, just it’s gonna take some time getting used to.

3. I really really like it! It makes everything a lot more compact and convenient! :) As for those three options you have there, I like the first one the best.

4. WandererYS says:

I’ll pick A for consistency issues. Consistency gives it a better feel and view.

5. K-AL says:

It looks really good! *O* The current responsive theme is really nice. I’m guessing the new posts have a “featured” image set as the preview?

Looking forward to the new banner and posts for the new season!

Thanks! XD It was so hard to find a new theme, this one is a hidden gem with all the goodies it comes with now that I updated it to it’s latest version.

Yeah all the new posts have to have “featured” image set, otherwise it will be blank. We’re slowly working to add feature image to the older posts, I think because there’s almost 3000 entries it’d be better off to do a half a year back so perhaps up to the Spring 2013 coverages, and whatever random posts shows up in “you might like” we’ll add on to that too as well as the categories that don’t have too much content in them.

6. Justin says:

Hmm, will take some getting used to the left sidebar instead of the right (Hey, I thought that’s supposed to be done nowadays), but it seems slick and responsive.

…Then again, I sometimes have terrible taste in web design so…oh well. I wonder how it looks on tablets and such though!

Yeah it will definitely take some time to get used to. XD We do have the option to just have one sidebar on the right, which would bring us back to the old format that we’re all used to, but for the homepage I felt with this layout having two columns made the navigation more comfortable without having to scroll long down. And if I were to make 1 column that way, I would have to increase the number of posts on the front page to twenty which is honestly way too much.

For tablets and anyone who is using a screen smaller than 9.5 Inches, the right column collapses and you just have to on the “<<" button to open it (which is a huge improvement compared to our last template where if your screen was too small the sidebar would jump to the very bottom of the site, making it hard to find and a pain in the ass).

7. 123 says:

I think it looks good. I’m reading this on my iPad and it seems neat and easy to get around. I prefer sidebars on the right for some reason, but I wouldn’t really say having it on the left is an issue or anything :)

I think a lot of us prefer the sidebars on the right, which we can do for the entries at least but that takes away the consistency. It’s too bad that I can’t choose which sidebar to pop up in the single columns version because I’d basically flip it so that everything you see on the left sidebar right now, would go onto the right. But who knows, I might actually be able to do that (if I can figure it out) since the creator of this theme allows you to use this as the “parent-theme” for the “child-theme” where we can do modifications.