1. Tenderfoot says:

First off, wow does the preview image for Gifuu Doudou!! Naoe Kanetsugu: Maeda Keiji Sakegatari scream 80’s Fist of the North Star. I guess it’s no wonder since they share the same mangaka. One things for sure, that shows going to be manly as hell.

Other than that, Uchouten Kazoku get’s my vote for hidden gem of the season. You’ve got P.A works doing the animation (so you know that’ll be solid), you’ve got Kouji Kumeta doing character designs (for the first time on something that’s not his own work), and it’s based on a novel by Tomihiko Morimi who wrote The Tatami Galaxy (the anime adaption of which ranks in my top five favorite things ever.) I’m feeling very confident that it’ll be a pretty fun show to watch. Plus, it’s not a sequel or focused on groups of cute girls!

2. Kal says:

GitS: Arise
    Genshiken Niidame
    Makai Ouji
    Silver Spoon

(in that order)

Genshiken is probably 17+ because the characters are a lot older, and their relationships are maturing. I think the references in the first season to eroge and other stuff is enough of a sign of what age group it’s aimed at.

GitS will be awesome, even if there are not actual Tachikoma in it.

3. Wanderer says:

Just for the record (and slightly off-topic), those of you who admitted to not having watched the first season of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex SERIOUSLY NEED TO FIX THAT RIGHT NOW. That is very nearly a criminal offense.

That aside, I’m mostly in this season for Prisma Illya. That may be a mistake, since I’m a fan of the manga, and it tends to be really hard for anime adaptations to do a manga justice in the eyes of its fans, but by the same token I can’t NOT watch it. I have to see it.

Nothing else this season catches my eye yet, as far as full series go.

I KNOW IT’S A CRIMINAL OFFENSE, EVEN MORE SO WHEN I FREAKING OWN BOTH SEASONS AND IT’S SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO ME JUST A HAND REACH AWAY!!!!!! I’ll marathon it this summer since that’s what I usually do when it’s dry like this.

4. Zach J says:

You can’t follow shows like senyū, you have to marathon it.

5. lilgamergal says:

Brothers conflict is what im waiting for. I dont mind the animation. and its not like amnesia because amnesia only has a otome game. Brothers conflict may follow the novel. (Omg if it does its going to be much better because i read summerys of the novel and its awesome.)
    And i quite liked amnesia, why was it bad ?-?
    Going to watch blood lad for sure. But people are saying its only getting 10 episodes O_O
    pfft and what girl wouldnt watch free! XD
    But in total im only watching 3-4 animes o-o;;; that is far less than last time.

Hmmm it would be interesting if BC follows the novel instead….
      It can’t be helped. A LOT of people disliked AMNESIA, they all have their own reason but the most common one I’ve been hearing is because it was ‘boring’ the heroine was ‘bland’. *shrugs* Everyone has their own taste.
      Don’t underestimate the power of only ten episodes (if that how it turns out to be). If it’s done right, they can pull it off no problem.

• lilgamergal says:

I think that that’s not the only reason, they may have thought its boring because they dont understand whats going on in amnesia (I only understood because I read the routes) but you’re right, people do have their own tastes. And if BC does follow the novel it would be easier to not disappoint the fans since it concentrates on all the characters differently and its not gonna be a mess, but if it follows he game then thats gonna be a mess since theres more than 13 guys + I heard BC is only getting 13 episodes to much as my dismay. Oh and Diabolik lovers is getting a anime too, and has a pv out.
        you’re right, if blood lad is gonna be good it will pull it off in 10 episodes. I wonder what hakkenden (second season) is gonna be like, i loved the first season

O___o; yikes 13 guys… It would be dreadful if they do the one episode per guy.
          As for DL, I’m not too sure about that one. I have mixed opinions about it as it’s not my cup of tea either.