AMNESIA Episode 11: The Price of Defying Fate

1. Hee7 says:

I could be wrong, but I feel as if the moment in which she went into the storm is the first time she was really herself. In this world, she’s not EXACTLY rediscovering her memories or anything, but she appears more engaged and (invested?) in this world, as if it’s more natural for her to be in it. She isn’t as much numbly reacting to things, dragged along by whatever each guy’s route requires of her. (Watching the ending sequence and her expressions in it reaaally solidified this impression for me.)

Now she’s making her own decisions; she even shuts Orion down when he tells her to think of her safety. Has she ever done that?

She’s shortsighted, but at last actively involved in her own decisions.

Speaking of Orion, isn’t it interesting that ever since they’ve arrived in this world he hasn’t disappeared once? It makes me think that this MUST be her true world; as if the further apart she went from her true memories and grew false ones, the less… Orion could manifest? Could be connect with her? Idk. He was there in Kent’s route when they most needed to talk about parallel universes, which seems too deus ex machina to be a coincidence. I don’t think Orion is hiding anything, but I don’t trust his speculations (regarding his role and how he came to be stuck in her head) to be fully accurate.

(And speak not of that well scene. Speak not of it!!!)

Actually now that you mention it, it would make sense for this to be her home world. As Ukyou pointed out that he wants to save her this time (after having failed countless times, so perhaps that is her fate in her world- to die and it isn’t just because this is in this death route. But with that mind, she did have a moment when she appeared to slip into another world last week when we saw her standing in the fire. She was in daze for a moment before she snapped out of it and made a run for it.

Yes she is shortsighted but I too am all for making her own decisions- not to mention, GUTS. SHE HAS IT. I mean would you step outside of your door if you knew that today would be the day the world will be doing everything in its power to kill you? XD
      And another thing that just hit me now: You know what they say, sometimes even when one loses their memory, their heart still remembers. ;D

As for Orion, it’s really hard to pin point how the worlds interfere with her connection with him and whether or not it’s a side effect of being bounded by her.

• Hee7 says:

Oh yeah, that fire memory last episode! *dunce* I wondered just what supposedly made this world the ‘last chance’ for Ukyo/Heroine, but… if this was her original world, maybe there’s no going past finding it again? Like, her consciousness won’t unstick?

[ Sounds tangential, but relevant to this thread of thought:
        Did the Anime cover when Orion first woke the Heroine immediately after she lost her memories? When they first met? I feel as if I recall (in the Anime) Orion speaking to her as if he had already met her, she just was too out of it to remember. The beg. of the PSP game, the little bit I actually saw an LP on, actually their first moments and it was reeeeeally interesting. I feel as if there are clues to this Ukyo predicament in that scene and it’s driving me crazy! *tears out hair* ]

GUTS, yes, that’s the perfect word for it! :D

I think by shortsighted I was trying to refer to Ukyo turning on her, was heck YES did she brave a storm she knew was out to kill her for sake of another. Maybe she is ~shortsighted to his faults~ because of their deep, inescapable lurve~

tl;dr, I totes agree; I think some part of her still connects with him on a sub level. xD

Orion’s the secondary plot hole for me (the other being how this switching death things is even possible) so I had to speculate just a bit. He’s my favorite character in AMNESIA. My precious! * v *

Yeah understood you were referring to Ukyou turning on her, looks like I didn’t make myself clear hahahaha XD;;; Sorry about that ;;;;

If we’re lucky, Orion’s plothole will be filled in next week, but it’s probably not going to happen.
          HOWEVER—– if we’re lucky!!!! There is always the possibility that the DVD/BD will use the extra time they have to add that part. ;w; Then boom! Plothole filled :D I doubt it’d be that simple but it doesn’t hurt to be optimistic

Yes he is adorable and precious <3 I can't hate him! I don't see why one would anyways!

• Hee7 says:

WORDS. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

If they don’t fill it in, I have hopes for another series or OVA or DVD/BR extras. There’s like, two more games + AMNESIA is immensely popular? Orion~! *starry eyes*

Those that hate him probably do so on principle because 1) he’s technically a mascot character and 2) he cannot physically interact with the real word, and therefore stuck being a cheerleader. No all-powerful shounen spiritual creature for they~

(Tl;dr I get where some are coming from, but if one has empathy at all how???)

• CeePhoenix says:

But remember this is based off a game which has alternate endings. The producers have to choose which world for her to be in. It may even be a cliffhanger or maybe just the world which has the most popular male character which is probably the hearts, Shin. And since it is based off a game, she may not have a name because the name is normally chosen by the player. But that’s just what I think.

2. Noc says:

So it’s just like Final Destination!! Well, plus world hopping…and memory loss…and spirits…but the death-is-out-to-get-you thing is definitely like Final Destination. I’m guessing the same rule applies where Death only stops chasing you when you save someone else from death, making them the focus of attacks instead of you. At least that’s how it happened at the end of one of those movies =/

While your OTP is Ukyou x Heroine, my OTP is Orion x Heroine!! I don’t care if he’s a kid or not >.< (an extremely rare exception on my part lol) he's always been by her side whether she could see him or not, and thinking of all the times he'd wanted to help her but couldn't touch her or even speak to her on some occasions…it just breaks my heart T.T yes, even more than Ukyou jumping world lines and probably watching her die/killing her a lot.

I really like Ukyou too though, and the heroine's decision to go to him despite the warnings from him and Orion felt very genuine, like her raw instincts were guiding her to help the person she really loves even if she doesn't remember them. And even if she makes stupid decisions like going to a dangerous shrine or leaving home when the world is trying to kill you, but love is blind, so no judgment this time!

3. LilGamerGirl says:

My shipping pair is her and Toma but OmG the feelings I encountered during this episode :0 WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END ;-;