AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 8: Center Nova

Heavily Rotating

1. Eva says:

That was tough to watch while knowing that they were playing right into their enemy’s hands.

And Yuko! ;A; Oh my god, I’ll be crushed if we never see her again.

. ___ . I just realized this episode that Nagisa and Acchan look awfully alike. I wonder if these two have a connection, I mean- Nagisa had even dream of her so that must be a sign or something besides the fact they both have a ribbon in their hair in the same spot, same hair style too while I’m at it

• Lin says:

I don’t think Acchan and Nagisa look alike at all. Their facial features are pretty different. Only the hair is similar but not exactly the same (Acchan’s more straight than Nagisa’s). I think at the point some viewers are just projecting their expectations of Nagisa becoming Acchan. Not that there’s anything wrong with that but let’s just wait and see.

Obviously not their facial features otherwise it’d be far more noticeable!
        I’m not sure if Nagisa is to become Acchan, if anything though I’m not sure if it’s possible- it could be a combination of her and Cheiri together. *shrugs* But it’s hard to imagine. XD

• YukoOshi says:

It’s Acchan。あっちゃん
      People should stop messing her name up with these weird spelling. It’s not like her nickname is so obscure. It appear when you google the real Maeda Atsuko and Evetaku, the subbers, spell it Acchan too
      No offense but this is like the 6th time I see people mess up her name and I don’t get how

Fixed it, thanks for pointing it out.
        Hmm maybe it has to do with how some of us hear it regardless of what we see on the subs?

2. Lin says:

“it’s likely that now either Nagisa or Chieri will aspire towards becoming Center Novae”

You know, what if Chieri and Nagisa become Center Nova together, a dual Center Nova? I mean, I think the Center Novae disappear because they stand alone in position 0 and bear the burden of the group on their own. But a dual Center Nova would take the ‘loneliness’ aspect out of the position, and I think that might be the key to open the gate without disappearing. Just a thought.

That’s a very plausible theory! A dual Center Nova been hinted at several times throughout the show – especially the bright Kirara glow collectively given off by Chieri and Nagisa backstage after the General Elections, as well as their positioning in Season 1’s ED sequence. Removing loneliness sounds about right too – I’m not sure whether it’ll just open the gate and not have anyone get warped into it, but it should change how it reacts and possibly increase the chances of retrieving past Center Novae from whatever is beyond.

3. Wanderer says:

Yuuko has to make it back. That gate was the same effect as the kirara-drive AKB’s ship uses to travel faster than light. Yuuko didn’t “disappear,” she WENT somewhere. There is no way she is gone forever.

It’s not the same without Yuuko ;_; If the Kirara Drive used by their ship can be controlled, then couldn’t Tsubasa try to interact with the gate somehow if it opens up again, if they both use the same principle?

4. Wanderer says:

I think that’s what Mii-chan was hoping for.

We just don’t know enough right now. Although I doubt Yuuko’s going to be sitting idle on the other side. If she’s in any position to act, she’s going to be trying to find a way back.