Love Live: School Idol Project Episode 1: Modern Disney Channel Corny Bullshit Material [Quick Look]

1. Anonymous says:

I haven’t watched it all yet, but I got interested in this because it reminded me of Idolm@ster and AKB0048 (without the sci fi part). Does this remind you of Idolm@ster? I’m curious.

Pffth, nope. Not at all. Not even a little bit. There is way too much corny bullshit in this one. On top of that, both Idolm@ster and AKB0048 made it very clear- right in the beginning that the girls’ were pursuing a dream to become idols. This one, hah- just came up with it on the whim for the sake of “saving the school”.

• Jason says:

Reading other sites, I love it how two people can have two different views on the same anime making me want to watch it even more.

• Magicflier says:

Yep, this reminds me of Idolmaster and AKB0048 as well! The reason that i’m watching this is because I really love these two. XD Idol/music animes have this weird charm to them that takes my attention so if your watching this for the same reasons them i’d recommend it. It’s a good change of pace from other genres

2. Linzz says:

This reminds me very much of the Barbie movies – which I do like and enjoy watching. HAHAAAHAHAHA I wonder if I should since this show is full of moe…

I guess I’ll stick to barbies.

3. Kamizaki says:

Personally, i will give its at least 4 episode before judging.
    I on the other hand was already a fan of Love Live ever since its 1st Single so I’m going watch it all the way

I typically go by the three episode rule for judging whether to continue watching/blogging or not- but this one was automatically a “NO.” for blogging, also I’m being extra picky about which shows I’ll be covering due to my Tendonitis symptoms returning. Despite my complaints, I will be watching a couple of episodes to see where it goes.