Little Busters! Episode 13: Where the End Begins

Heavily Rotating

1. Lurenai says:

Nice little review! I’m very pleased on how the adaptation is going for this route – since romance is being cut down from the routes (in order not to have Riki has a Don Juan), it’s quite pleasing to see Midori is still behaving in that way. Also, Midori’s voice actress is doing a great job: we can almost feel poison out of her teasing/provoking words. Mio’s route is one of the ones I was most anticipating to see (along with Kurugaya and Refrain), and I’m very satisfied for now.

• Magicflier says:

From what I read from your post, it seems as though you think Midori and Mio have different VAs but Midori’s VA is the same as Mio’s

Extra romance would definitely make it a little harder to move between routes without making it look like there’s been some backtracking going on. And both Mio and Midori seem to be voiced by Tatsumi Yuiko, who I’ve only heard before as Riko from Kiss x Sis.

I’m pretty satisfied too – I do sometimes wonder how KyoAni would have handled it, but I’m happy with how JC Staff have done things so far.

• Magicflier says:

So far I heard many things and by adding it all up, i’ve found the biggest logical reason that KyoAni didn’t pick up Little Busters. It could be either this or they were simply just in too tight of a schedule which extended from 2008 to 2014? but it’s probably this:

KyoAni was afraid of how complex the plot was, it wasn’t as simple as Kanon nor Clannad. Little Buster’s plot revolves around friendship more than romance and KyoAni is not relatively good at this plot-device. Another reason why JC Staff was chosen instead. Look at how great JC Staff is portraying the friendship-theme for Sakurasou no pet. Lastly the central cast of Little Busters is at a abnormal number.

• Irustua says:

Mmm the reason why KyoAni didn’t pick Little Busters! is because of its main plot, I can’t tell you with out giving spoilers but, a lot of people has tried to figure out how they are going to adapt it. For me it’s imposible with out boring the audience, but aparently JC has figured out how to do it… xD it’s confusing I know, keep watching it and probably you’ll know what I’m talking about.
          I actually read in a forum that a lot of staffs where thinking of how to do it but all of them were afraid that it could blemish Little busters!’s reputation. JC Staff is actually taking a huge risk at this.

Little Busters! definitely has a strong reputation as a VN, and a failure of an anime wouldn’t be ideal for them. It won’t happen here, but look what happened to Tsukihime.

Oh wait, what am I talking about? There is no Tsukihime anime.

• Magicflier says:

Oh Tsukihime had an anime, I completely forgot. :D but that was from October 2003 though and is a bad comparison… JC Staff probably learned from their lessons already after adapting 3-4 other visual novels before this, don’t get me started on the directors who were in charge. @@

2. Jiburi says:

Oh Midori…. You and your rape eyes. I was expecting something weird will happen sooner or later but after it actually did, I couldn’t help but still feel really surprised at how supernatural this became… We’re now probably one more step closer to this “secret of the word” that the notes spoke of. :3

That is very likely – this route being supernatural does hint that everything about the “secret of this world” could be on a much bigger scale than expected.