Sword Art Online Episode 19: Illusion Magic

Heavily Rotating

1. Wanderer says:

I think Kirito kinda snapped when he transformed, hence the slight memory loss he had. He was probably acting on instinct more or less in his transformed state.

I think they should have made the bridge narrower so that three tanks could prevent people from passing. Because when I saw Kirito rushing towards the tanks instead of running by them to go for the mages, it just felt weird because anyone who has played enough MOBA games knows ‘not’ to go for the tanks first. Making the bridge narrower would give a reason why Kirito had to go for the tanks first (because his road is blocked). But it isn’t in the anime, which kinda makes him look stupid.

ps. Is it me, or did you upload those pics backwards? (or the blog system accidentally did it)

• Wanderer says:

NVM. I’m the one who messed up. You didn’t.

I remember that’s happened in the past within SAO too – he enters a sort of trance state when in the heat of battle and can’t really remember much of it.

I didn’t really pay much attention to it, but it makes sense when you describe it like that, with the difficulty Kirito had in fighting being the fact that he can’t get past the row of tanks that stop him getting to the mages in the first place. Hahaha he could always have jumped or flown too, which is something VR allows you to do xD

2. Renryu Ren Ryforce says:

he turn into beast for a momment n he so enjoy it
    remember that he say the people taste as good as yakiniku =w=’
    even at last he try bites leafa’s hand after turn back to normal xD

3. Train says:

The first thing i thought when Kirito transformed was: ” WOW, GLEAMEYES, IS THAT YOU?!”. I think the player can transform into any kind of monster to a certain extent, or into a thing the player thinks will induce fear in his opponents( that would make sense, since, if i remember correctly, when they first saw the GleamEyes, they were terrified to the point they just screamed and ran away from him.). Anyway, was that really an Illusion? I mean, he did get more range to his attacks and apparently got stronger, at least i think Lyfa will think a sedcond time before saying that the Spriggan’s illusions are useless in fights.
    And yeah, he kind of snaps in some tough fights and goes berserk, like he did in this one. And another thing, is the leader of a tribe in ALO, the strongest/better player of each race? Just a curiosity. And I guess Kirito just bit her finger( that scene was funny, as well as the consequences Kirito faced) as a form of chill after the battle, I’m sure Kirito still thinks of Asuna the whole time, since she IS the reason he is in ALO to begin with.
    I really liked the parts he said he would ” never let a party member die” and the whole thing with not abandoning Lyfa just to get more chances to reach his goal.
    Ps: Kirito’s speed seems REALLY broken in ALO(don’t know if it is because nobody has high enough stats to get his speed, or if it is the games'(SAO and ALO) differences.

I suppose it’s a physical creature rather than just a visual illusion, but maybe it’s the kind that easily disperses with one hit and may have disappeared had the Salamanders plucked up the courage to attack it.

Leaders can be elected in through a voting system (which is how both Sakuya and Alicia Rue got into power) though I think strength may be a factor somewhere. That’s why some of the Lords are cute girls, as they have high popularity within their race. The novels mention that Sakuya’s stats aren’t high due to having to deal with duties as a Lord, but her sword skills are enough to get her to the final round of tournaments. Similarly, as shown in today’s ep Lord Mortimer isn’t the strongest Salamander, but has high intellect and is a good strategist, which is useful for leading a race.