Sword Art Online Episode 18: To the World Tree!

Vantage

Heavily Rotating

1. Wanderer says:

ALO probably had that mechanism due to ‘limited’ amounts of data transfer allowed with Amusphere compared to Nervgear. Plus, if you are referring to Asuna’s picture taken early, that shot was taken really far away. Comparing that with distance in the cage is kind of off balance to me. (try to compare an object with its photo taken digitally 10 meters away vs 10 km away. 10 km obviously the digital photo will be blurry compared to the 10 meter one)

I was referring to last episode, where Asuna directly stared at the keypad from afar and had the system’s distance effect kick in – but definitely, it’s quite weird how the picture of Asuna in the birdcage had that much clarity when it was taken so far away, even when zoomed in.

2. Eva says:

I felt exactly the same regarding Asuna’s scenes. There’s nothing great about it, because fucking Sugou just makes the whole scene disturbing. I’m really hoping that it won’t be too long before Asuna can start kicking ass again, because it really sucks that she is literally being tied down by Sugou by making her a helpless damsel in distress. TT^TT

Yeah, I might have mentioned some time ago that I hate the majority of Asuna scenes in this arc, and this is exactly why. He’s a sick, twisted pervert, and everybody hates his guts.

3. Linzz says:

One thing I noticed after episode 18: Almost on every panel of ALO, green never disappears. LOL I also get this feeling that the production purposely place a green overlay on the panels as well. Hmmmm…

SUGU FAN SERVICEEEE!!! /o/

You’re right o.O I wonder if that much green was put in on purpose as symbolism or something. It’s fun taking a step back and looking at an ep’s screenshots to predict what kind of an episode it is based just on its overall colour xD

And I really appreciate the Sugu fanservice, it helps me take my mind off the Asuna semi-NTR scenes. Ugh.

I think the green coloring is all just part of the ‘Regions Identification’. I imagine the Salamanders guys wherever they are from is going to be highlighted with Red and so on.

4. Train says:

Yay! Now Asuna has the password, the mirror trick was pretty clever( maybe the ALO system don’t take image reflection into account for that feature, or someone forgot about details such as these when programming the game). Hope she can get out of that cage soon. Again, Sugou is disgusting and a bastard and people want to smash his face into walls and such, but it was ironic how mentioning Kirito’s name had the exact opossite effect he expected. Anyway, all in time, Sugou was too cocky thinking Kirito wouldn’t go as far as to put a NerveGear again to save Asuna, and this will probably be his ultimate downfall in the end. Bad thing is, we will probably have to wait for it like it was with Nomi, but it looks like it will be worth the time.
    Sigurd remembers me of some minor antagonists of the SAO arc in some ways. Guess he will be annoying Kirito and Lyfa for some time.
    Lyfa’s speech was quite remarkable. And it really doesn’t make sense why they would tie each other down like that. And as you said, Yui was cute in every scene she was in this episode, haha.
    Anyway, this week’s episode seems it will be packed with a lot of action and probably Kirito and Lyfa pwning that group of Salamanders with hax skills.

Yeah, he’s very cocky – Asuna’s cage is locked by a simple keypad, and he pretty much revealed that he was the one behind everything and has locked her up in ALO. Clearly, he has his notions about Kirito completely wrong, and has no idea of the extent Kirito is willing to go to in order to save his love~