Shin Sekai Yori Episode 4: Bloodstained History

Just another anime nerd with above average taste.

1. TERMtm says:

Damn good recap to a damn good episode. This site is awesome; consider me a new regular.

• Tenderfoot says:

Thank you! Comments like this just make my day (=^-ω-^=) I’ll include a hearty “Welcome!” on behalf of me, and all the other writers here, and I hope you’ll enjoy our future posts!

2. Linzz says:

No kidding, Tendy… watching all that and reading all these… IDK what to think anymore. lol

3. MarigoldRan says:

The government would hire the PK users to fight other rogue PK users.

So, no, society should not have collapsed. Though it would have changed.

4. MCAL says:

Rijin is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita.

5. Vantage says:

Orgy porgy, orgy porgy, orgy porgy, orgy porgy…

Oh Ford, my mind has been literally blown to pieces after that ep – a huge kudos to you for sorting everything out and producing such an epic review of it. It’s definitely a shout out to the dystopian genre, what with controlling society to that kind of extent (psychological conditioning and “everyone belongs to everyone” sex) and killing off anyone who has a chance of disrupting their current social order. We had hints that things weren’t quite right before but maaaaaan, that was way too fucked up.

You’re probably right that the Queerats developed from the lesser slaves who couldn’t use Juuryoku, but I’m guessing that the current civilization is descended from the slave-ruling PK possessors, who may or may not have wiped out the scientists and attempted to PK Fire sources of info like Rijin did the False Minoshiro, hiding everything behind their backs and putting on an unnatural smile. Dammit I need more of this show.

Also, Saki <3

• Tenderfoot says:

I know right? There are all kinds of Brave New World references/influences all over the place (even the name From the New World…) I agree that the kids and their families etc are probably descendants of the emperors, not the bandits, who are the only other option since they could use PK too. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the scientists were still out there though, collecting data and watching things from a far. What I really want though, other for this show to be on everyday, is for someone to translate the book. I absolutely love dystopian novels, so I would read that in a heartbeat. Plus, I’d get to find out what happens next faster!

And yeah, Saki is so precious. All of them are, which makes me feel worse because you know horrible things are going to happen to them.