Code Geass: Akito the Exiled Episode 1: The Wyvern Arrives

Heavily Rotating

1. Eva says:

LOLOLOL! There’s no way Akito the Exile is ever going to top the orignal series! CG R1 & R2 will always have that special place in our hearts.

I was deeply sadden (ever since I’ve seen the previews) that they’ve adapted CG to the knightmares and such, though I do have to give a round of applause for the CG animation scene when Akito was fighting in the woods. That was marvellously done. I think the dark contrast of the lightning and constant explosions and fire helped make the CG fit in more naturally.

Without a doubt, Akito and Lelouch would probably be total BFFs. Ah man, it makes me a bit frustrated that we won’t see them tag team, can you imagine the amount badass chaos they would unleash?

I like Akito’s character, like I’ve told you while I was watching it- the guy is super smooth when it comes down to his actions. I mean he’s totally cool under fire, slick maybe might be the word I’m looking for to describe him best.
    Leila is awesome herself, so I’m really looking forward to learning more about her and Akito.

I already ship those two so much =w=/// Can’t help it, my shipping fangirl got the hold of me.

As for her nasty freak Johann, (I v I)/ Lets hope he gets what coming to him within the next episode or ep 3.

The dark lighting, explosions and CG were a bitch to take screenshots of, though xD And I can already imagine it: Lelouch in his badass Knightmare working strategies while C.C. pilots, giving orders to Akito who smashes in and destroys EVERYTHING.

I REALLY hope it’s not just a tease – say, they just turn up for a few frames to observe the situation or something. THEY MUST INTERACT! Also Spinzaku spinning would be nice.

2. Linzz says:

When I saw C.C. and Suzaku. MY HEART LITERALLY JUMP FOR JOY. OMG I AM CRYING HAHAHA Of course, with new characters taking the lead (like Gundam Seed Destiny had), it would still have time for this series to be close to my heart… So they should keep it up and somehow, Akito is so sexeh during battle. HAHAHAHAHAHA

I thought they were trolling us or showing an advert for something before I realized it was the preview, so I was SO HAPPY people I knew would be showing up! Also I find Leila sexier, but you know, personal preferences xDD

3. vergiltfs says:

Wow, more Code Geass!!! YAY! I really love the “new” girl Yukia, looks more “wild” than Kallen but not as cute. The fight was cool and the CG’s were pretty good, in this fisrt episode they dont show some amazing tactics like lellouch would do, it was more skills from Akito but it was cool. Xin looks kind of “meh” for me but I love his look (like the fake assassin from fate). If would be a shame if sunrise do something like they do in gundam seed Destiny, when after a few caps the new protagonist were just ones from the crowd and not really factors in the story.

Once again, it’s nice to have your reviews.

I think the terrorist girl is Ayano actually, while Yukia is the one with the bombs that threatened to blow himself up. But yeah, I never made the connection that she’s a parallel to Kallen xD Let’s hope Xin doesn’t meet an end like the fake Assassin did. Though he wasn’t as unlucky as Lancer TROLOLOL

Thanks for reading them!

4. vergiltfs says:

Oh, from Anime suki.

本作は2012年初夏に、約10館で上映が予定されている劇場上映作品である。発表会終了後のインタビュー では、河口氏の口から、「全部で数本が制作される予定であり、大分ボリュームがある内容になっています。初 夏に公開されるのは第1話となる予定です」と説明が行われている。
    Here, Gpara states that the initial release format is that Akito the Exiled will be screened at theatrical events at 10 cinemas in early Summer 2012. But after the press conference ended, there was an interview session with the Sunrise producer. The producer is quoted as saying that “We have have multiple parts planned for the complete production, and it compromises of a pretty substantial amount of content. For early Summer what we will be screening is only meant to be the first episode.”

This basically confirms that Akito the Exiled is a multi-part series, and not a one-off theatrical movie. The wording in the announcement of Akito the Exiled in the conference (I watched the stream of the press conference) is that it is not a movie, only a new anime work. The screening in 10 cinemas is stated to be a theatrical event. The word event is important, because we have to realize that in Japan, this is a very popular way of premiering both TV shows and OVAs before they start. If they don’t say that it is a movie, it is unlikely to actually be one. Gundam Unicorn also followed the same announcement pattern.

As for why it cannot be a TV series, this can be explained by examining the copyright of the show. When productions are made to be TV shows, especially popular franchise ones, the TV sponsor is always on board as one of the production companies. Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion is a shared copyright between Sunrise, Project Geass, and MBS. Code Geass Akito of the Exiled is merely a shared copyright between Sunrise and Project Geass.

I think that based on the way it was announced and the information we have so far, it being a limited theatrical release + OVA format is basically the only possibly. If anyone has more information, or if I made an error in looking through the details, I’ll appreciate being corrected. Thanks.

Originally Posted by GundamFan0083
    The trailer was taken down “due to copyright violations”

Here is another one for anybody that didn’t see it:
    Thanks, I’ve edited it back into the first post. Too bad it’s flipped though.!”