Sword Art Online Episode 7: Warmth of the Heart

Heavily Rotating

1. Nonno says:

Reading your review for past eps, I finally decided to start read SAO’s LN,
    When I watched the past episodes of the anime, I must admit that I was pretty much confused. Like, why do Kirito leave Klein, or why do beta testers are so much hated, etc etc. So reading the LN is like an enlightment for me^^

I’m so happy for this ep, since Liz is one of my favorite character in SAO ^^
    Though I’m kind of disappointed that they didn’t animate Liz’s inner heart conflict when forging Dark Repulser.

I’m glad you decided to pick up the LN! There was definitely lots of backstory about beta testers in Aria – in general, there’s a lot more inner monologue and explanation in the light novel, with the reader able to see everything about Kirito’s train of thought and decisions, which is why it’s much more captivating at times.

Liz’s inner conflict is the same – we read all her thoughts and feelings as they grew, which is why impact would have been lost in animating her emotions while forging because it seemed more like a teenage crush in the anime, compared to something genuinely special she feels for Kirito in the novels.

I hate to keep drawing comparisons though, since I do appreciate the changes that have to sometimes be made in adaptations.

• Nonno says:

It’s always interesting to see Kirito’s awesome deduction ability and sometimes-childish thoughts in the novel. In the anime, he seems more mature and calm, but it’s cute in its own way ^_^
        I sometimes found myself can’t help but to compare XD but I’d say both the anime and the novel are great on its own way. If the novel has more detailed explanations, in the anime we’d get to see the cute facial expressions and awesome sword skills in motion >ww< Though a VRMMORPG is impossible for our current technology… XD

• Nonno says:

Err, sorry, it seems some of my comments are deleted, thus the last words may be not make sense XD

This is what I mean to write on previous comment XD :
          Speaking of adaptation, do you think SAO will get a game adaptation? I mean, SAO’s system is definitely awesome, especially the sword skills >w< Though a VRMMORPG is impossible for our current technology… XD

Probably WordPress messing up again. And I think SAO has some kind of game on PS3 like Accel World does, but a proper MMO…maybe not. It’d take a massive amount of work, but it may happen if the series is popular enough. Madoka got an online game if I remember correctly…

That’s why both reading the novel and watching the anime gives you the best experience of the series you can get. Especially when all but one of the volumes so far are translated, there’s no excuse for not reading the novels if you’re okay with spoilers xDD

2. Train says:

Another awesome episode for SAO( it is becoming quite normal for SAO isn’t it? haha).

I liked Liz’s charachter, she is just so happy and cheerful, and it kind of made me feel a little sad for her in the ending of the episode( that scene between the two in the nest was so beautiful). But i still think Asuna and Kirito belong together so, i’m cheering for them o/

The fight was awesome, and Kirito seems(yet again), to be able to solo most bosses of the floors he has passed through, not to mention his strenght, speed and other things that make me think he is op in almost all battle statuses in SAO. What i missed though, is how he got his Elucidator( FINALLY, THE SWORD FROM THE OPENING! AND IT LOOKS AWESOME! Has Asuna gotten hers yet? I’m guessing so.). i’m guessing he needs another weapon to use for some “sacrificial equipment means”, but we will see. So next episode starts the main arc eh? YAY! And it looks like it will be Kirito and Asuna’s story! Yay, even better!
    Speaking of the Novels, i’ve read some… Aria in the Starless Night is enormous, and i found out Kirito and Asuna met differently in there, so i guess i will think of reading more of it.

Yup, Asuna should have her Lambent Light rapier at this point in time. And it’s a good guess, but though Asuna does appear, if the title is what I’m thinking of it’s not really referring to her and Kirito xD