Fate/Zero II Episode 3: LANCER ;A; MY BABY!!!!

1. takashid says:

Lol i feel so bad for you, i was wondering what your reaction would be since you love Lancer so much. Having read the novels, i knew it was coming, but it was still hard to watch. When Lancer was so happy saying that he was glad to have met Saber my heart ached. I was just thinking “Lancer you poor bastard, in a few minutes you will be cursing her and the world :(”

About your problems with Emiya, i just have to say that this is a battle royale to the death you know? Saber and Lancer tried to pretend different, but the only rule here is “last Master and Servant standing wins”. There were never any rules against dirty tactics, and Lancer knew what he was signing up for when he joined willingly. Just look at Tokiomi, rigging the system so that the church and another master (Kirei) are on his side. Kiritsugu’s methods are despicable, but his goal is noble, to end war and bloodshed. As he said, the lives of 6 masters and servants seems to be a small price to pay for that, in his mind at least.

Yeah I was venting against Emiya because I was so frustrated of what happened to Lancer. But I wholeheartedly agree with what you’re saying. I was talking with Myst about it yesterday and we both agreed with Emiya’s insight (lacking a better word), as you just mentioned.

I’d love to read the novels, are there any english copies by any chance? I don’t really know much about it in general, but I imagine they are a good read.

2. takashid says:

btw, isn’t kind of hard to ship Lancer/Saber when Lancer just died? :P

3. Kehau says:

I loved almost all of the characters in Fate/Zero. they have so much more personality than in Fate/Stay night in my opinion where they mostly focused on Shirou and Saber. i mean, this time you got so much more attached to the characters. Ryuunosuke, i loved his character, he was a murderer but his childish disposition was touching. his death made me cry the most out of all of them. Caster, eh… i mostly cried when i saw joan reaching out for him, after all they were the best of friends up until their deaths. Kariya and his relationship with Sakura and her sad story was also touching. kirei was one of my favorites, his personality stoic and he really wanted something more than what he could feel, he was searching for himself and i could kinda relate to him with the exception of his murderous intent. Waver and Rider were also in my top 5 favorites, waver being whiny but needing so much to be serious that rider couldnt take him seriously whatsoever, it was laughable how much he was treated like a child. And i think the last character who really touched me–well the pair–was Iri and Illya, fuck kiritsugu, that bastard who cheated on her and killed my poor ryuunosuke, he can go to hell. iri was so loving and carefree despite the fact that she was the grail vessel, so accepting of her fate that her death made me cry as well

• Kehau says:

(and of course lancer :P he was the knight that Fate stay night lacked and i thought he should have lasted longer. his death was seriously shit. i mean, really? youre going to make the lancers commit suicide twice in a row? come on!)

Yeah the characters in Fate/Zero is a million times better than Fate/Stay Night. I despised Shirou with a BURNING passion. I don’t think there’s a single protagonist that I hate as much as him. Everything about him DRIVES ME INSANE.

4. kehau says:

I’ve got to agree on that one. Shirou didn’t seem to have any personality really. It seems that shinji matou had more charm than he did, lol